Chapter 8

Hey guys!!! Sorry for not updating for the longest time ever. I've had work and such. But yeah. I love you guys so freaking much for staying with me. Enjoy!!

~Jeri

Chapter 8

"A roommate? Okay I know I just had one but it's been nice having my own room." I announced as nurse Jackson was brining in a new bed

"Her name is Emily. She's 15 years old. I'm not allowed to say her condition because it's none of my business. Her parents are downstairs filling out paperwork and you have therapy today." She said.

I laid down on my bed and let out a sigh. Just having her name be Emily will remind me of my little sister. Hopefully she will visit me. I could really use her at a time like this.

A mid-height girl with blonde hair walked in. She had green eyes and her nose peirced. She was wearing leggings with converse, and a Harry Porter shirt on.

The wheels of her suit case squealed against the hospital floor. Her suit case found its way to the bed.

"Hi. I'm Emily." She said very shyly.

"Hey. I'm Rowan." I sat down on my chair. "What's wrong with you?"

"Excuse me?" She asked

"What are you in the hospital for?" I asked. I went to reach for a rubber band but it wasn't there. So I started scratching my arms.

"I have Cancer. In my arm. They were gonna take it out but we moved here. So they're gonna remove it here." She said mot making eye contact. "What about you?"

"It's complicated. Let's just say to sum it up that I have severe depression. Can I ask you something?" I asked

"S-sure I guess" she said nervously

"What's it like to have a family? I come from a foster home and I don't really know what it's like to have a family." I paused as she looked for something to say. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked but I'm just curious."

"Hard. To be honest. Their always sitting there over your shoulder to make sure you don't get out of line. Mine don't really care. They just want me to do something like Bethany Hamilton when she lost her arm after a shark attack. I just want to read books and write." She said.

"Oh. I only had one person that I actually considered my family. Her name was Emily and she was ten years old. She left just before I came here." I said scratching some more.

Leo came walking into my room and he stood in the door way of our room.
"Rowan, you wanna go get lunch?" He asked.

I nodded my head silently.

"Hey new girl, wanna join us?" Leo pleaded

"No I'm good. I'm just gonna un-pack. Thank you though." she said.

*At Lunch*

Setting my pale colored tray down on the table that had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a fruit cup and a brownie on it I sighed.

Why did life have to be so difficult? Emily (my roommate) a sweet innocent girl losing an arm to Cancer. Fuck. That sucks. I just have mental problems. I shouldn't be here. I should be in a mental hospital.

"What are you thinking about?" Leo asked biting into his sandwich.

"How life sucks." I said picking up my sandwich and biting into it. "Can we have another movie night tonight? Like after I get out of therapy. Because the other night was fun. It really was."

"Sure" he smiled "but I don't own a collection of good movies."

"It's okay. I have a few. I can bring them over and we can pick from them." I smiled back.

"Rowan!" Nurse Jackson yelled from outside the cafeteria "Your late for therapy"

"No I'm not. It's not until five and it's only three." I said biting into my sandwich again.

"It got moved up to now. Come on let's go. You can bring our food with." She took my try and led me that way.

"I'm sorry Leo. I'll stop by The Swamp when I get back." I said as I ran after nurse Jackson.

She walked me to my therapy room and put my try down on the table and left. I sat down as we started talking.

*

Placing my tray back down I started walking towards my room. I had cried I therapy which I do almost every time, so my eyes were swollen. I wanted to look somewhat normal so I decided to put a little amount of make up on.

I grabbed my movies and the blanket from my bed and left. Emily was sitting on her bed reading while her mom was talking on the phone and her dad was sleep in the chair.

I felt bad for her. She's losing an arm. Jordi told me the story of his leg and how he didn't need to lose it. But now he's going through chemo so he's slowly losing his hair.

I pushed the door open of the swamp to find Leo alone but there was a few candles lit around the room and there was a bouquet of flowers on his bed.

His back was turned to me and he was wearing jeans and a blue camouflage shirt.

"Ooo flowers. Who's the lucky girl?" I asked putting the movies by the TV and my blanket on the couch. He turned around like I startled him.

"Umm u-u you." He said nervously.

"Me? You did all of this for me?" I said smiling

"Yeah. I really like you Rowan. I think your beautiful and it sucks that we met in this place and not out in the real world." He said walking towards me

"I don't know what to say."

"Then don't say anything. We can watch a movie."

I sat down on the couch while he put a movie in. Sitting down next to me, he put his arm around me and I laid my head on his shoulder.

I glanced up at him and he looked back at me. He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. And I did the same.

*

*

*

Hey Guys!! I'm so sorry for not updating. I really am. But I still love you all. Thank you for the reads! Please Vote, Comment, Share, and Follow. Stay Amazing <3

~Jeri