~14 - Pick me up ~

Ship: Skephalo
Prompt:
This one song I'm listening to.

Trigger warning:
 Alcohol
 Mentions of Unconsented Sex
 Mentions of Self-Harm

a/n: i will never write about this topic again, i just needed to vent out some emotions from personal experience. i do not usually write about things such as this so feel free to skip this one and wait for my next update. thank you.

-=-

Sitting at his desk, Darryl fumbled with his phone; rereading the same text message from his boyfriend over and over again. What did it mean? How much more of this could Darryl take? The mysteriousness, the idiocy, the betrayal... the loneliness. He looked out his window, standing up to close his curtains as he grabbed his dormitory keys and ensuring he had his phone in his pocket. He checked the time, 2:13 am. Why did he let himself stay up so late? 

'Pick me up'

 The brunette walked quickly down the street, his long strides combined with his quick pace allowed him to get to his destination quicker. He cringed at the sight of the house, a few stray teens wobbling around in the yard, red cups layout messily in the usually tidy grass and the stench got stronger as he got closer to the front door. It was a mix of weed, alcohol and sweat formed together and it messed with Darryl's head as he knocked. A familiar boy answered, adorning a cup of.. something in his right hand as he looked strangely at the boy who had just knocked before his face set into one of recognition, "You're Skeppy's friend, right?"

Darryl didn't know how to reply properly, carefully choosing his next words to the seemingly tipsy boy.

"Yes, I know Skeppy, that's why I'm here," Darryl spoke with fake confidence and the slightly younger boy nodded, letting him in.

"Alcohols over there, you may have to ask around for Skeppy, I've not seen him in a while," Zelkam spoke, moving away to his friend group once more and leaving Darryl on his own in the highschool horror. 

"Oh great... Now I have to find that stupid muffin head."

He looked around downstairs, the beat of the music replaying in his mind as he tried to think, he frowned as he moved upstairs to attempt to block out some of the noise and to get away from all those poor teenagers, throwing their soberness away and probably ruining their teenhood as many unplanned pregnancies were going to arrive from this event. He peeped through some of the locked doors, unable to find the short, tan boy, with a sigh he left back downstairs praying he wasn't in the mass of dancing drunk teens. As he finally got to the last step, lights being flashed in his face he realized the mass of people had doubled, "What the heck..."

Then he saw him. Hair flattened against his forehead, matted with sweat, eyes not focusing on a single thing, body swinging energetically from side to side between people until he eventually stood on the table and began taking off his sweater to reveal his top underneath. Darryl stared in shock at the boy's actions as he took off his top as well and began to undo his pants, the crowd chanting his name furiously as they waited for more but then the boy began to trip, his back slamming against the hard tiled floor and his pants half down, he didn't move. No one did, except Darryl who rushed over with his motherly instincts, almost ready to lecture the boy who had probably bruised his back.

"Zak?" Darryl called out in the loudness of the house, the crowd continuing their dance, some laughing at the boy, some had already taken pictures of his drunken state and those who did had shared it around via social media and iMessage. "Come on, buddy, let's get you out of here."

Darryl helped the younger stand-up, pulling up the boys pants and grabbing his shirt and jumper, he put the boy's arm around his neck and held his waist to keep him steady.

"You're an idiot, you muffin," Darryl mumbled into the air around him, not really expecting an answer as he left the house with Zak, pulling him closer when a girl tried approaching with no top and no bra. Darryl hid his blushing face as he quickly walked past, picking up the pace which frustrated Zak who could barely comprehend what was going on.