~15 - Lifeguards ~

Ship: Skepnoblade
I think you can tell one of my favourites to write about is Skeppy. -^-
Tw:
-Drowning
-Bullying, I guess?

I just don't want to upset anyone, so feel free to skip and wait for my next update if you feel uncomfortable!

-=-

Hold it.

It's all he could do, his hand reached out for something, anything to grasp onto as he panicked, his mind in its hazy state as his eyes blurred whether it was from the tears or the salty ocean water, Zak did not know. Growing tension wallowed in his stomach, weighing him down as the waves thrashed against him, a harsh breath as he went under for another few seconds before he fought for his way to the surface. His hands flying up to the sky, hoping- praying that someone would be able to see him. His heart aching with fear and sadness, he wouldn't even get to say goodbye. No one would know.

He held his breath once more as a large wave crashed over him, his eyes shutting tightly as he was thrown closer to the shore but not close enough.
It was hopeless for him his chest burning as more water entered his system, he felt sick and cold, but he remembered it being so hot before? Where did all the heat go? He thrashed around once last time with three little amount of energy he had left and with the little amount of luck he had left he clasped onto something, warm... safe?

He couldn't see, couldn't breathe, the water wouldn't come up as he was heaved onto something... a board maybe? He was still, motionless other than the ragged, water filled breaths he was taking. His body was instantly picked up once the motion of swimming back to shore stopped, he couldn't hear, he couldn't see, all he could rely on was his terrible breathing and the pain in his chest to tell him he was alive. He tried fighting back against the arms constricting him down as they shoved something into his mouth, he couldn't breathe properly he needed to sit up! They tilted him to the side as water began choking up out of his system, his throat tightening as it burned from the unnecessary amount of water and lack of oxygen. A mask was placed on the boy and breathing became not so much of a chore as he finally opened his eyes. He saw four men, three wearing a blue tight shirt and all four wearing bright red shorts so they were visible... the lifeguards. He tried looking around but they constricted his movement as they waited for his breathing to get better.

"Calm down, calm down! You need to stay still, you're okay with us, we'll help you," The shirtless one who he assumed had saved him spoke, his mind calling out for only one person as he tried to word his concern.

"Da-" He was cut off by his coughing and they removed he mask so he wouldn't contaminate the mask. "Dav- ave."

"What's he saying, Harris?" One of them said as tried to quieten the crowd surrounding them.

"I think he's telling us his name? Dave, that's you?" Harris spoke directly to Zak who shook his head frantically. Instantly regretting it as the mask was placed back on him.

"Zak."

"Zak? Okay Zak, do you know where you are?"

"Bea-" Zak paused before shaking his head, trying to get his point across, "Dave."

"Dave?" Harris mumbled, "He must have a friend with him here! Look around for a Dave!"

One of the lifeguards ran off, the one from before who asked about what he was saying.

"Just stay awake for us Zak, okay? We need you awake."

Zak just stared at them, his breathing still hurting but he could slowly feel himself getting better, his energy still drained from him.