Apology

The next night Rodrick is over for dinner. I'm trying to stop myself from thinking he is attractive and just accept the fact that he's Heather's boyfriend. There's just something about him that gives my stomach butterflies. I help clean up after dinner but then I go to straight to my room. I'm sick of watching Heather and Rodrick flirt like school kids. As I lie in bed, I wonder why Rodrick didn't tell me he was Heather's boyfriend when we met? Ugh, why do I even care. How pathetic.

I start to drift off to sleep when I hear little taps on my window. I expect that it's Dad coming to tell me something. "Y/n, open up!" It's Rodrick. I unlock the door and he quickly comes inside. "What are you doing?!" I exclaim. "Shhh, just let me talk to you. Heather thinks I've gone home," he says. "Are you going to run back to her and tell her I'm flirting with you?" I ask, acting careless. "Flirting? What? I never said that. I just wanted to say sorry. I should've introduced myself as Heather's boyfriend the other day. I just thought you were cute," he says. He smells delicious, but he's a typical bad boy, so I try to concentrate on acting careless. "Whatever, it's cool," I say, shrugging. "I know she isn't being very nice to you and your Dad... she has a lot of, you know, issues," he says, "Her Dad randomly walked out on them 3 years ago. She just has it in her head that he'll come back any day now."
I nod. "It's okay, I'm happy here in my caravan. I just care about my Dad being happy," I tell him. "Well, I just wanted to say sorry. Goodnight y/n," he says. "Goodnight," I say. He shuts the door and I hear him running across the grass.

I lie back on my pillow, and I drift to sleep but end up dreaming about eyeliner and dark hair.