Planning

The next day, Heather is in a great mood, helping Tiffany all day. Maybe she's bipolar? I still stay clear out of her way because she could snap at any moment. She even helps us cook dinner tonight, we make a big roast. "Invite Rodrick over, there's plenty of food," Tiffany says. Heather grabs her phone and starts texting. Rodrick turns up for dinner. "Oooh, pot roast... my favourite," he says, he looks at me as he sits down so I quickly look away. We start eating. "Soooo, I've decided what I want to do for my 17th next month," Heather says. "What's your ideas?" Tiffany asks. "I want to have it in the backyard. Not as big as my sweet 16th, but I still want all my friends over," she says. "Well it's also up to Jason. Are you okay with that?" Tiffany asks Dad. I know Dad will just agree. "Yeah of course," he says. "You can have it here, but there's one rule. We get to be here too," Tiffany says. Heather actually agrees.

It is the morning of Heather's birthday. The day is all about her and Tiffany spoils her with gifts. Holly's allowed to have a sleepover at one of her friend's house tonight. Tiffany and Dad are going to have some of their friends over for drinks.  So that just leaves me, to stay in my caravan all night. Heather keeps showing me outfits she wants to wear, and they all look amazing of course. "You know, y/n, you're not so bad," she says. I start to feel bad, she either means it or it's the alcohol I can smell her drinking. I don't want her to be nice to me, since I can't seem to stop thinking about her boyfriend. "Now let's choose what you're going to wear!" Heather says. I feel so guilty but I'm also liking the fact that she's being so nice to me. I bring my clothes into her room. She looks through them. "You don't have anything... less dark?" she asks. "Not really," I say. "Well I'm going to choose you an outfit from my wardrobe."

Heather keeps dressing me up like her personal barbie doll. For herself, she has chosen a short, tight sparkly dress and matching heels. For me, we both agree on a black dress. I do matching makeup, then look in the mirror and can't even recognise myself. Maybe Heather and I will finally become friends and I can forget about the fact that I'm falling for her boyfriend.