Mixtape

I'm enjoying living here, besides Heather's fowl attitude. I've never seen Dad so relaxed aswell. Heather seems to only be nice when Rodrick's around. But I guess it's fine, I just stay clear of them. Holly is fun to hang out with, even though she's 12 she's far more mature than her sister. Holly tells me she has a crush on Rodrick's younger brother, Greg, which I find really cute. Rodrick is over most nights, but Tiffany treats him like family. Heather treats him like her puppy dog.

I spend most of my days lying outside reading, or baking with Tiffany and Holly. Dad works each day, at his new job. Heather is very social and is out every day, either with Rodrick or her friends. "Y/n, you should go out with Heather one day. I'm sure she'd love to show you around town," Tiffany says. Ha. Yeah, right. "I've never really been a social person. I'd rather do my own thing at home," I tell her.

Things are going great and I've started to get Rodrick off my mind. Heather hasn't made any nasty comments, she is mainly only home for dinner anyway. That night, I'm awake reading in my room when I hear tapping on the window again. I peak out and sure enough, it's Rodrick. I open the door and he just welcomes himself to my room again. "What do you want!" I exclaim. "I made you a mixtape," he says. What on Earth? "It's because Heather and I have the total opposite music taste and I figured you might like it," he says. I laugh. My style is the total opposite of Heather's. She's such a pink princess. "Thank you Rodrick. I'll listen to it tonight," I say. But he doesn't leave yet.

Tell me about yourself, you're so mysterious," he says. Why does he care? "There's nothing mysterious about me at all, trust me," I laugh. "I see how you're always outside reading or in your own little world," he says. "I've always been alone, it's always just been Dad and I. I've never really had friends, or fit in anywhere," I start to tell him. I find myself telling him too much, and I don't like it. But he sits and listens. I try to ignore the butterflies in my stomach, they're starting to feel like gigantic moths. Is this what happens when you fall for someone? Because there's no way I can fall for him, and I need to get him out of here. "You better go, Rodrick," I say. "Listen to the tape," he says, and he leaves.