6

Eleanor's p.o.v

Today was the day. I was applying the last touches on my makeup before I'd go find out whether or not I'd secured the role as Diamondback. Sebastian and I had gotten back to L.A. two days ago, and since he had these couple days off from filming he'd been working with me on my performance. We'd stayed up till around one this morning perfecting it, so he was currently conked out on my bed.

After checking my appearance for the nth time I took a deep breath and grabbed my purse which had everything I should need in it. I walked over to Seb and shook him slightly to wake him up.

"Seb. Seb, wake up. I have to leave for the audition, but you can stay and sleep in as long as you make sure you lock the door on your way out." He nodded groggily, but shot up straight when I started to leave.

"Wait, oh my god I just realized what you said. I'm so sorry." He quickly climbed out of the bed and ran towards me, wrapping his arms around me so tightly he lifted me off the ground. "Good luck! I know you'll get the part because you're amazing, but it's always nice to feel supported."

"Thanks Seb. I'll see you later." I giggled lightly when he squeezed me tighter, pushing away from him gently. "I gotta go or I'll be late."

He blew me a kiss like the dork that he is when I walked out the door, and I could feel the big smile on my face. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous as hell, but Seb definitely helped. I continued to go over my lines in my head the entire ride there, cursing lightly when I got one wrong. You'd think after days and days of going over the same thing I'd know it backwards and forwards. I guess I did last night, though, so it's probably the stress.

The taxi pulled up in front of the building they were holding the auditions in, and I took a shaky step towards it. I thanked the cabbie, handing him the cash through the window before starting the trek to the establishment. Step, breathe in. Step, breathe out. I continued this pattern the entire way, but the anxiety still continued to build. By the time I reached the door I was having a full blown panic attack, and was very close to walking away. At least I would've tried right? No, because I didn't try. I got to the door and freaked out, I don't think they'll be able to understand me if I stand there wheezing though.

"Hey, hey, hey, you're okay." I hadn't realized I was loosing my footing until I felt somebody lifting me back up. "You're okay. Deep breaths. Do it with me, in. Out. In. Out."

"I can't do this. It was stupid of me to even think I could do this. I'm gonna go." I looked up, only to be met with startlingly blue eyes. Wow, this day literally could not get worse, and it was only 10 a.m. Perfect.

"It's you." Chris said looking at me with a lopsided grin. I tried to smile back, but I'm fairly certain it was more of a grimace.

"Um, yep it's me."

"I found you." He gave me an impish grin and pulled me closer to him. I let out a nervous laugh, hesitantly putting my hands against his broad chest.

"So, you remember that?" His grin widened and he squeezed me slightly.

"Oh yeah, I remember all of it. I'm wondering where the girl from that night went, cause I'm pretty sure if we'd talked for a few more minutes I would've been able to convince her to come home with me." I couldn't help but laugh knowing it was completely true. "I got some mixed signals though when you wouldn't even talk to me the day after."

"Yeaahhh, I was what one might call really fucking embarrassed, and wasn't quite ready for all that." He gave me a sweet smile, but must've realized where we were because he pulled back abruptly.

"What are you doing here anyway?" I had only now realized that he'd completely relieved me of my anxiety just by talking to me.

"I-I'm auditioning for the part. The Russo brothers offered it to me when I was on your set, and I'd agreed. That's why I was having a mini panic attack a minute ago. I've never done this type of thing before. I guess I should say thank you for calming me down, it really helped."