Chapter 2~The Crash

~Sonic's PoV~
   I found Tails' plane obliterated through the branches and ground of the Mystic Jungle. The smell of plane fuel and acrid smoke clogged the air and the jungle was deathly quiet.

   "TAILS! Tails, little buddy, can you hear me?! TAILS ANSWER ME PLEASE!!!!" I call out, frantically calling out for my best pal. Then, I spot it. A faint yellow glow in the underbrush.

   Approaching it, I see something that twists my gut. Crumpled like a tin can, the main body of the plane is tangled up in vines upside down on the ground. The yellow Chaos emerald can just barely be seen from outside. However, it's the pinned, clearly broken arm holding the Emerald that sends me into panic mode.

   Straining hard, I somehow manage to lessen the weight crushing my adopted brother. Seeing him like this causes a fierce twinge of guilt deep within me. Gently, as if he was made of the most delicate glass, I scoop him up and begin to run.

   "Oh Tails... This is all my fault." I murmmur, tears splashing down onto his bloodstained pelt. His left arm is clearly broken, as is one of his tails, he has shrapnel and broken glass embedded in his body and deep scratches cover his face. One of his ears has been terribly nicked and Chaos only knows how much blood he's lost.

   "Hang in there, Tails. I'm getting you to help. Just hang on please." I say, running faster than I ever have in my life.