Chapter 3~The Hospital

~3rd Person PoV~
   The residents of the Station Square Emergancy Center were stunned when the world famous Blue Blur, Sonic the Hedgehog himself burst through their doors at 5 am. However, they rushed into action as soon as they saw the critically injured fox kit in his arms. Two nurses took Tails from him and placed him onto a gurney.

   "Don't worry Mr. Sonic. Your friend's in good hands." a kind nurse said, before she followed the others to the Emergency OR.

~Sonic's PoV~
   'It's been hours. I hope he's okay.' I thought, tapping my foot on the floor as I sat in the same chair I had sat down in after they had taken Tails back. 'This is all my fault. If I hadn't snapped at him like that he wouldn't be here.' It was now 10:00 in the morning and I had had no news of my little buddy's condition.

   "SONNIKU! There you are! Come on! You're taking me to Twinkle Park on a date! Then we can get married!" The one Mobian I didn't want to see today grabbed my hand and began dragging me down the street.

   'My little buddy is possibly dying; and she wants me to take her on a stupid date!' I thought, my quills turning from cobalt blue to navy and finally to jet black. I jerked my hand out of her grasp and she turned around.

~Knuckles' PoV~
   Rouge had stolen the Master Emerald, again, so I was looking for her when I saw Amy dragging a jet black hedgehog. Curious I stopped and watched as the hedgehog jerked his hand out of hers. I quickly recognised him as Sonic in his dark form.

   "Amy Rose. I'm never dating or marrying you! MY LITTLE BRO COULD BE DYING AND YOU DRAG ME AWAY FROM HIM TO TAKE YOU TO A FUN PARK!!!! YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE BUT YOURSELF! TAILS' PLANE CRASHED HURTING HIM BADLY AND YOU WANT ME TO MARRY YOU?!? ARE YOU JOKING?!" He ranted and my heart plummeted. "GET THE HECK OUTTA MY SIGHT." I watched as Amy burst into tears and run off as Sonic turned back towards the hospital, his quills slowly shifting back to normal.

~Sonic's PoV~
   I felt bad for hurting Amy like that; but maybe this way she'll stop chasing me. I enter the ER waiting room and see Knuckles. I walk over to him just as the nurse from before comes out.

   "Sonic? We've managed to stabilise him; he's still comatose, but you can go see him. We're keeping him overnight for observation and if there's no change you can take him home to wake up." The nurse said, motioning for Knuckles & I to follow her to a door with the number 2 on it. "Just a warning, seeing his current condition will be a shock."

   I dash into the room and straight to his side. I gasp and tears begin flowing down my muzzle.

   Miles "Tails" Prower was comatose in the hospital bed, hooked up to two separate IVs, a heart rate monitor, and an oxygen mask covered his muzzle. He had gauze bandages wrapped around his torso, head, upper legs, and on his left arm. His lower right leg was in a cast, as was his left arm. But what killed my heart the most, was the fact that his right arm had been amputated halfway up his upper arm and one of his tails was missing.

   "W... What happened to him?" Knuckles whispered, his quest for finding Rouge forgotten.

   "What are his injuries doctor?" I asked the elderly cat.

   "Well, Sonic, his left arm and right lower leg is broken, as well as several ribs. He has a concussion, hence the reason he's in a coma, multiple deep cuts and bruises from the shrapnel. His right tail and arm were too badly broken to be saved. I'm sorry. Knowing his genius mind however, I'm sure with your help he can make a prosthetic arm." The doctor said. "There may be more injuries, but we'll have to wait 'till he's awake. The important thing is that he's alive, right?"

   "Yes. Thank you for saving Tails, doctor." Sonic said, gently rubbing one of the fox's ears.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   Waaahhhhh! I legit cried typing this poor Tails. Also, there are more injuries. Plz don't kill meh.