part twelve ~ loki and stephen forever (2)

They decided to have it right away; as soon as possible. Wedding invitations, venue bookings and tailor hiring took up most of the next day. Loki and Stephen's engagement was going to be a very short one, but they knew their married life would last forever.

"Love, what about here?" Stephen asked, scrolling through a venue website on his laptop in the library. 

Loki sat across from him gracefully paging through magazines from wedding boutiques. He looked up as Stephen turned the screen to face him. 

Loki smiled. "That's beautiful, darling. But I stand by what I said, I'll go wherever you want me to be. You're choosing the venue."

Stephen rolled his eyes. "Your opinion matters to me."

"I know it does," Loki said softly, cocking his head to the side. "But what doesn't matter to me is where I confess my love for you. Just as long as you're right beside me when I do."

Stephen couldn't help the smile that crept across his lips. "Fine," he sighed. "I think the clearing in the woods is the one."

"Wonderful," Loki chuckled, flipping another page of his magazine.

Stephen stilled for a moment, then blinked, his eyes flickering up to the face of the man in front of him. He took a deep breath.

"We haven't discussed who's going to be wearing what," he pondered. 

Loki cocked a brow at him. "In what sense, my love?"

"Traditionally, the bride would wear white and the groom black."

Loki frowned. "Oh, I thought it would be obvious."

"It is?"

"Majority of your adult life before you became a sorcerer was riddled with expensive suits and watches and dress shoes, was it not?" Loki began, but did not give Stephen a chance to answer the question. "I'd thus think that you'd be wearing one of those suits - in black. They do look so very snug on you," he added with a wink.

Stephen chuckled. "You know me too well; I do love a good suit. And what will you wear?"

Loki got up from his chair with a subtly smug smile. He moved around to behind Stephen and looped his arms around the sorcerer's neck before leaning down and trailing slow kisses from his temple to his jaw. 

"It's a surprise."

Stephen reached up and slipped his hand into Loki's hair, tilting his head to meet his own. Their noses brushed and Stephen's gaze snuck to Loki's lips.

"I hate surprises."

Loki kissed him softly, gently tracing his hairline with his fingers as he did. Stephen kissed him back with bruising lips, bringing his other shaky hand up to thread his fingers with Loki's. After many world-stopping moments, Loki pulled an inch away.

"You'll love this one," he whispered.

Stephen watched him and his mischievous grin slowly leave the room. Tearing his gaze from the doorway to his lap, his lips involuntarily grew into a small smile.

His hands had never been more steady.

Loki stared at the garments suspended in mid-air before him. He twirled the clothing in a circle with his magic, watching the flowing material of his emerald cloak flutter. It was the perfect balance between beautiful and intimidating. The delicate tendrils of golden thread intricately sewn onto the dark green tunic had been hand-sewn by his mother. Though he'd only quite weakly resisted having a little femininity embossed onto his formalwear, Frigga had insisted that a wedding was a time for elegance, beauty and delicacy.