thirty-one ~ just a kiss

The moon was bright, illuminating Loki's pale face like a ghost discovered lurking in a closet. I touched my finger to his cheek. It was cold and smooth like his hands were as we'd walked, connected by the arm and heart, down the desolate street to this spot beneath the moon.

Silence enveloped my sigh, mimicking the soundlessness of the sleepy town we stood in. The feelings erupting inside me made it hard to breathe. His fingers grasped my forearm, begging me closer. My shoes slid forward on the gravel.

The breeze was cool and unyielding, the kind that prickled the hairs at the back of your neck and elicited full-body shivers. I ached for the warmth of Loki's body.

His fingers tugged on the front of my shirt as his eyebrows furrowed, whining for contact. With him so close to me, my breath shallowed. I'd never been so caught up in the moment. I wanted it to be perfect, yet I knew it would be, regardless of my nerves. But I didn't want to push too far.

"We don't need to rush this," I whispered, my fingers trembling against his face. With him in my arms, we had all the time in the world, so I was okay with just a kiss goodnight.

Reluctantly, I could see, Loki nodded. His next words came out breathy like the wind, "Let's take this slow."

"Just a kiss," I murmured, my eyes completely and utterly fixed on his lips.

His nose skimmed the side of mine and I desperately wanted to press closer to dispel the chill settling in the air.

And finally, my eyes fluttered closed. I felt him rise to his tip-toes before his lips bruised mine. We burst into flame, heat licked my limbs, wrapping around my hands against his neck and waist.

Paradise.

This was a shot in the dark that I'd never thought I'd take but I knew he was the one I'd been waiting for my whole life, just by this one goodnight kiss.

Loki fisted my shirt with both hands, kissing me deeply as I fell into him.

Our kiss was irrevocable, no turning back, and we'd never be the same again. This had never felt so real, and so right.

We parted with smiles, our fires burning brighter together. When I gazed into his eyes, I really saw him. I saw the walls fall and the mask crash to the ground. He was giving me his all and it enclosed me into a world of incredulous happiness.

I didn't deserve a single ounce of the goodness in his heart, the very organ I'd never be able to let go of.

"Just a kiss goodnight," Loki mused, his delectable lips barely moving.

And the moon shone on.

{sorry for the shorter stories recently! hope y'all enjoyed anyway <3}