Chapter 3

Over the next few weeks, Joe and I started hanging out more and more. It was at the point where he was practically coming over every day he could. We spent many drunken nights sitting on my balcony, telling each other things I'm sure neither of us were expecting to reveal. As much as I keep trying to deny my feelings, they keep trying to pop up. One night we were super drunk and well, one thing led to another. We did some ... adult activities I guess. Since then, we have participated in more adult activities, it becoming a regular thing. I feel like that's they way my mind is letting me have a relationship with him without actually having a relationship with him. I don't want to lose him but I also don't want to admit my feelings because of all the anxieties I have surrounding, well, everything. 

Tonight, I'm meeting up with a few friends, including Joe, at a private bar. She wanted to look good so she put on a black, sparkly mini dress that I knew Joe would like. I put on some makeup, and once I'm satisfied, I head out the door where I'm met by my driver who very quickly sets off. I take a deep breath, as I do every time I leave the house, praying nothing goes wrong, that no one follows me or comes after me. I just want to have a peaceful night with some friends.

15 minutes later, I've entered the bar. I'm the last one there and they all yell out a collective greeting, clearly already tipsy. As I walk over to them I'm greeted by a hug from Selena. 

"Time for a shot Taylor!" She yells at me before thrusting some alcoholic liquid into my hand. I throw it back quickly and she cheers. I laugh and begin to loosen up. Soon enough, I notice Joe making his way over to me. He gives me a kiss on the cheek which makes me blush, before pulling away he whispers,

"You look nice tonight." I can feel his hot breath lingering on my cheek, I try my best to control my emotions and give him a small smile. He grins at me,

"Can I get you a drink?" I nod slightly and he gestures to the bartender. I can't quite make out what he's ordering but once he's done, he grabs my arm and leads me over to a stool. When he lets go, I can still feel tingles running up my arm from where he held me. 

"So, how was your day?" I smile and shake my head

"Pretty good, didn't do a whole lot which was nice. You?"

"I sent in an audition tape, but other than that - nothing." He grins, I find myself getting sucked into his ocean blue eyes as he looks intently into mine. I clear my throat and look away.

"I hope you get the part!" Joe places a hand on my knee and reaches his other hand up, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Thanks Taylor." I look up at him, immediately struck again by his gorgeous blue eyes. We stare at each other like that for a second, my heart beating fast, before the bartender places our drinks in front of us. I shake my head, breaking eye contact with him and trying to pull my emotions back into check again. This is a dangerous line I'm walking on and I know it. I shouldn't be doing any of this, I should be ignoring him and waiting for my feelings to go away. For some reason I can't, it's like my mind and heart are screaming at me, dragging me towards him. I quickly take a sip of my drink.

"Are you okay?" I nod

"I just need some air." I tell him truthfully, unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that because I can't just go outside. 

"Well come on then, let's go get some." I look down at my hands

"I can't go out." He grins at me,

"I know that." He stands up and extends his hand out to me, I take it apprehensively and he leads me up some stairs. I notice that I'm still holding his hand, it's so warm, strong and gentle at the same time. Stop it Taylor, you shouldn't be paying attention to that. We make it to a landing and Joe opens a single door that leads out onto a balcony. I look up at the night sky, it's filled with stars and looks truly breathtaking. I still feel a little apprehensive about being out here and I think he picked up on it.