CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

since i couldn't update yesterday because i had to work till late at night here's an extra long chapter :))

***

"What you're staring at?", Hoseok smacked Taehyung's head jokingly and then wrapped his arm around the boy, "Come on."
Taehyung rolled his eyes, forcing himself to break the eye contact he was holding with Jungkook. The younger looked down and then changed his directions while Taehyung was dragged along by the others. "So you finally broke up with that bitch?", Hoseok then asked, looking at Lia.

Lia gulped.

"Yeah", Taehyung said in a small voice, "We broke up with each other, it was equal", he corrected Hoseok's assumption though.

"Thank god", Yoongi said, joining them now, "That whore doesn't fit in with us anyway. She's finally back at the bottom."

The girl crossed her arms, "What's that supposed to mean?"
"Well, you're not a cheerleader, you're not really good at anything and now you just lost the dick that got you popular. You're nothing without a boy, Lia", Yoongi lifted his eyebrows. "Look at Aylie, my girlfriend is the captain of the cheerleaders, she's always gonna be great. But who are you? You were nothing but Taehyung's pussy to fuck."

Taehyung gritted his teeth, forcing himself not to defend Lia in front of the other boys.

"Oh, so you're saying a girl needs a boy to be something?", Lia asked in disbelief, eyebrows furrowed, "In which century are you living in, dude?"

"Why are you still talking?", Hoseok interrupted, "Shut up, whore. Taehyung's always been too good for you anyway."

"I fucked your girlfriend", Taehyung blurted out, looking at Yoongi. "I fucked Aylie and I don't feel sorry for it", with that he pushed Hoseok's arm off him and grabbed Lia by her wrist to pull her away from the boys.
Lia let out the biggest sigh, "God, I hate your friends!"

"I hate them too", Taehyung grumbled. "They're disgusting human beings", he chuckled and pulled her over to the classroom they were about to have class in.
"Why are you still being friends with them?!", Lia blurted out, "They're horrible."

Taehyung shrugged, "What choice do I have?"

"I'd rather have no friends than friends like this", Lia grumbled and sat down on her seat. "Seriously, Tae."

"Lia, I'm not going to stop being friends with them. If my team doesn't have my back, I can basically drop out of football."
The girl looked down, "I get it. I'm sorry, I'm just hurt by what they said."

He nodded, putting a hand on her shoulder, "You don't need a boy, Lia. You're amazing either way."

*

The next few days passed by almost peacefully.
Jungkook and Taehyung didn't even see each other once in the hallways, Taehyung spent his afternoons in the library because he really had nothing else to do. He didn't want to be hanging out with the others, he was still mad at them for being an asshole to Jungkook and Lia, degrading them just because they didn't fit in their picture.

Jungkook just sat around alone, playing videogames with his parents. Lyza wasn't really allowed to hang out at his house, her boyfriend was a bit annoying when it came to them hanging out privately, so Jungkook was stuck with his parents, having no one else to call.

A week passed by and nothing changed.

At football practice, Jungkook would just get run over, coming home with bruises that made him want to quit, but he didn't for his father's sake. And because it was the only chance to see Taehyung. Even though it seemed to be over, Jungkook still wanted to see if he was alright. Somehow he never saw Taehyung smiling and once practice was over, he didn't even shower, he just left the football field, interlocking arms with Lia who waited for him at the fence.