CHAPTER THIRTY

there's like six or seven chapters left sjsksj

also trigger warning ⚠️
suicide attempt

***

"Oh, what the hell", Jungkook let his head fall against the locker behind him, eyes glueing to the view he was getting this early in the morning. It had been another two weeks, now a whole month in total since he had last seen Taehyung.
Things had changed around here, but what changed the most was the boy he was seeing in front of him.

Taehyung was back.

Hair dyed black, dark circles beneath his eyes, wide clothes and his smile vanished from his face. He walked in, Tzuyu by his left side, holding hands with her. Eyes straightforward to not miss a step, as if he had to focus to walk. Tzuyu was awkwardly glancing around, the school had never seen her before and showing up while Taehyung holding her hand was automatically as if she was taking place on a throne.
A throne that had belonged to Lia for years.

When Lia saw the two of them, her face became pale and she just walked off. Lyza and Jungkook however could only gasp, still staring at Taehyung who looked so different. There was no teenage boy left, he seemed matured and he seemed changed. Just that Jungkook couldn't make out what it was, yet.

"Fuck, he's even hotter now", Jungkook bit his lips, pressing his math books to his chest as he watched Taehyung stopping in front of his locker. He looked up, finally.
His piercing gaze instantly met Jungkook's and for a second, the tension in this hallway was undeniable.
Taehyung gulped dryly, focusing on his breath as he looked back at Tzuyu and gave her a smile. Jungkook only lifted his brows, trying to calm his heartbeat. Then he turned around and stared at Lyza, "Should I go talk to him?", he asked quietly.

"No, wait till lunch break. He seems off", the girl commented, still eyeing Taehyung. The boy had started walking again, and now seeing him from behind, they could see that he was limping and after every two steps, he held his back with his right hand and seemed to be in pain. It was hardly visible, but for people who knew Taehyung it was more than obvious that he was acting different.

He passed by his boys, not even telling them hi. All he did was straightup walking to class, always Tzuyu by his side. Jungkook decided to follow but when he saw them taking a turn in the wrong direction, his heart dropped to his chest. The boy pulled Tzuyu behind the next corner and started kissing her, pressing her up against the wall while Jungkook could only watch.
He balled his fists, but he didn't know what to do.

Should he just go in between them?
He was his boyfriend at least, right?

He turned around and walked away. For once he felt too insecure in himself to go there and ask for an explanation. Taehyung disappearing for weeks and then showing up like this - it just didn't seem right to Kook. And he didn't want to make a scene right before class.
The time passed by quick and soon it was time for lunch break already. Jungkook headed to the cafeteria with Lyza, they were meeting up with Jin and Namjoon because those were the only ones left.
When their eyes searched for Taehyung, they saw his group of friends sitting at a table on their own, staring into nothing while Taehyung and Tzuyu sat down at a smaller table just for the two of them. They seemed alright, they were joking around and smiled and seemed happy, in love.
It felt like getting stabbed in the back.
Jungkook had been worrying for weeks and now he got this, not even an explanation or anything, no. Taehyung sat there right in front of Jungkook's eyes, kissing a girl that wasn't into boys apparently.

Right now, it looked quite a lot as if they were into each other.
"You should go there and make him explain", Jin stated after a while, "This isn't fair."