CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

i hope u will enjoy the angsty part of this book <33 it will hurt <33

***

"Oh I thought it might be a good opportunity for us to strengthen our father-son bond if I'd join you on your trip here", Mr Kim said awkwardly, watching his son for a while. "Don't you think so too?"
Taehyung had his eyes so big and sparkling in excitement, Jungkook had never seen him look like this before. There was way too much admiration for this man who never gave two shits about him in those pretty, innocent eyes. Still love was present in the Taehyung's look, smile appearing on his lips. "I'd love that, Dad!", he said, clapping his hands happily.

Kook watched the whole scenario doubtful, eyebrows lifted.
Where was the catch?

"So", Mr Kim said, "What's the plan for today? Should we meet up with the principal to arrange your application?"
Taehyung shook his head, "We wanted to go listen to two lectures and then take a trip around campus. Would you want to join us?"

"Ahh", Mr Kim nodded, "Look, son. I have a business call around 10. I think I'll join you in the evening and we can go out for dinner, is that alright?"
Taehyung's smile dropped a little, along with his shoulders. "But I thought you're here so we spend time together-"

"And we will", Mr Kim patted Taehyung's head and then his phone started ringing. Obviously the call was that urgent that the man had to walk away and Taehyung didn't see him for the next ten minutes. So they left and headed for the lecture, Taehyung still didn't want to be late to this.

Jungkook still didn't say anything about all this, biting his lips to avoid saying anything unnecessarily rude about all this. But all of this seemed odd and Jungkook would love to find out the true reason why Mr Kim flew more than 10 hours here-, because it was for sure as hell not his son who made him want to go on this trip.
As far as Jungkook knew, this man didn't care about his kid at all.

"Maybe my Dad really likes me", Taehyung smiled happily when they sat down in the lecture hall, "He came all the way to America for me! He probably really just didn't get to read my messages about the trip and now that he found out he wanted to be part of it as well."
He looked at Jungkook expectantly but the boy only shrugged, "You think that's why he's here?"

"Yes! I mean-, why else-"

"No idea", Jungkook mumbled, still caught up in his thoughts. He didn't trust this old man at all. And he hated how happy it made Taehyung to have him here-, knowing that the man didn't had any good intentions at all.

"I can't wait for dinner now", Taehyung giggled.
"I thought we wanted to enjoy the whole day", Jungkook sighed, "Don't expect too much yet, okay? Maybe an important business call will make it hard for him to come to dinner."

Taehyung scoffed, "Stop-, don't be like this. I never had my Dad caring for me, maybe he finally realized that it's time to change that."

"Why would he suddenly realize that he should change that?", Jungkook sighed sadly, wrapping his arms around Taehyung's waist, "I hope and pray that it really is like that, but please don't get your hopes up too high yet, oki?"
"Can you just let me have this", Taehyung grumbled and pushed Jungkook's hug off. "I know you're not used to anyone caring about me but you, but maybe you will have to learn that now."

Jungkook nodded, he knew that for now it wouldn't make sense to say anything else. Taehyung had to find out for himself and he had to support him in this-, the boy needed that. And maybe it was Jungkook who was in the wrong about all this.
But then again-, why did it seem so fishy?

The next few hours went on quickly. Taehyung kept glancing on his phone, hoping for messages of his father that he'd join them anytime earlier, but when he understood that those messages wouldn't come, he put the phone away and started taking notes and listened to what the professors had to say attentively. Jungkook kept staring at all the people in here. He couldn't imagine being in college in two years from now-, he still felt like a middle schooler even though he was already a junior in highschool now.
Taehyung would leave after this summer, then he'd be one of these kids who spent incredible times at college and made tons of friends-, partied all the time and made memories for life.