A flower is all it takes

Everyone wakes up at different times, first awake is Coraline and Luna. They research other training tactics in the main room. Sara and Lilly wake up next and stay in the lounge area. Clementine finds her way into the kitchen, she starts to mix ingredients in a bowl. Phoenix wakes up before Nova, he leaves the bedroom and walks around the castle until he runs into Luna.

Luna smiles, "Hey Phoenix! What's up?"

Phoenix shrugs, "Not much. I've just been wandering around the castle for awhile."

Luna motions for Phoenix to walk with her, "So? Have you ever had any self defense lessons?"

Phoenix shakes his head, "Not really." He pauses, "But I would love to learn. Maybe if I learn I can help the team."

Luna smiles, "Alright. Follow me, I'll take you to the training room and teach you everything I know." Phoenix smiles as they walk to the training room. Once they enter the room Luna hands Phoenix a shield and a sword. "I will set the level on Altean child, but first follow my movements." Phoenix nods as she grabs herself a shield and sword. "We're gonna start easy, then get harder as you master each level." Phoenix nods. "Soon enough you'll be able to fight our strongest and be able to stand your ground."

Phoenix smiles, "Who is the strongest?"

Luna thinks, "Hm, I'm not sure actually. We would have to hold a competition."

Phoenix nods, "That would be awesome. It would help train them too, don't you think?"

Luna nods, "It would also be a fun thing for everyone to participate in. A game to test everyone's limits." Luna smiles as she holds up her sword and shield. "Now follow my movements." Phoenix nods then goes into the same position Luna is in. He follows her movements exactly. A few hours pass, Phoenix falls to the ground exhausted.

Phoenix lays on his back, "How much longer?"

Luna smiles, "Well you're learning a lot faster than anyone from my class when I was growing up. We should try the simulation now."

Phoenix nods, "Alright. Sounds good." Luna offers her hand, He takes it and Luna helps him up.

Luna puts away her equipment, "I'll be in the control room if you need me." Phoenix nods as she starts walking. He waits till he hears Luna through the speakers. "Alright, this is level one. Tell me when to start."

Phoenix smiles, "Well it's now or never."

Luna smiles, "Alright. Good luck. The simulation starts now." The middle part of the floor opens to reveal a platform rising. The platform clicks into position, a robot stands in the center of the platform. The robot's head lifts up, Phoenix ready's his sword. The robot does the same. Phoenix strikes first, repeating the same moves Luna had taught him earlier. An hour goes by, Phoenix stabs the robot with his sword. Luna's voice returns through the speakers, "Good job Phoenix! You beat level one!" Phoenix collapses on the ground. Luna walks into the room. "So, how was training?"

Phoenix sighs, "Tiring. How do they do this everyday?"

Luna smiled, "Their desire to save the universe. They have unbeatable determination."

Phoenix sits up, "So when's this competition? Can I participate as well?"

Luna offers her hand, "I will have to ask everyone when they would want to. And everyone will participate if they would like." Phoenix smiles, "Alright, let's go check on everyone else, it's still early in the day. We can continue training later if you would like."

Phoenix nods, "That would be awesome." Luna smiles as Phoenix takes her hand, she helps him up. "I'm gonna go check on Nova, see you later."

Luna nods, "See you later." Phoenix walks to Nova's room while Luna goes to the main room. Luna calls everyone to the main room. One by one everyone enters the room. Luna waits for everyone to enter, "How does everyone feel about a friendly competition?"