Chapter 5 - Reckoning

~Previously in The Girl Who Restored My Humanity~ Ally's POV;

In desperation to reach the doors and run I turned back but only to find him standing there, staring back at me with fury burning in his eyes and within that twisted smirk of his. I gasped and froze in my spot as he declared calmly "There's my girl."

My fists clenched in response as I raised my chin and stated fearfully "Klaus."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Stefan's POV;~

Agony. Dizziness. Throbbing. Spasms of aching pain shot up my neck, and woke me immediately from unconsciousness. With the discomfort in my bones I groaned loudly and opened my eyes, unable to recollect what had caused my recent blackout. As the sound of silence filtered throughout the truck, I shot up and glanced round to see Rebekah seated on the edge by the open doors with Klaus now nowhere to be seen. Where could he be? What has he found out? "Ah, he lives." Rebekah announced teasingly as she turned to face my way. Confusion and concern stirred deep in the pit of my stomach as I asked anxiously, whilst searching over Rebekah's shoulder for Klaus, "What happened?" "You took a beating." Rebekah answered as she folded her arms across her chest with total disinterest "My brother's been breaking your neck all morning. Quite the temper." Her lack of surprise at her brother's ways is obvious, and she's clearly bored of following him around like a lost puppy. Throughout my breathlessness I slowly started to get up from the floor as I asked with the intention to pretend I'm still not hiding anything "Why did he bring us back to Mystic Falls?" In an instant Rebekah argued impatiently "You can stop playing dumb now." Worry trembled slowly through me as she continued in a taunting voice "It didn't take him long to figure out what you've been hiding." Her head tilted to the side as she observed me with betrayal in her eyes, and a bitter smile across her face. They couldn't have found her. I have to win their trust again and persuade them that we should leave town. Maintaining my fake confused expression I lied calmly "I'm not hiding anything-" Desperate to convince her of my loyalty to her and her brother I placed my hands on my hips and continued honestly "I've done everything Klaus has asked me to."

Rebekah pulled away from the side of the truck, and stated with bitterness and teasing in her voice "No, you just failed to mention that the Wrova doppelganger's still alive."

No. My stomach dropped with panic, and so did my innocent act. They know. They know that Ally's alive. Has Klaus already got his hands on her? Nausea swirled deep in my stomach as I nodded my head slowly in acceptance that the truth is finally out, and then turned away from Rebekah towards the coffins containing the rest of their family. My fists automatically clenched as I asked with urgency, trying to quieten the dozen of questions spiralling around in my head, "Where is Klaus now?"

"With any luck, ripping that cows bloody head off." Rebekah retorted bitterly, her taunting voice full of resentment and smugness.

My blood started to boil, growing hot and venomous in response to her words against Ally. Uncontrollably my fists trembled with anger, and my teeth gritted with lust to rip Rebekah's head off myself. With understanding that Klaus is probably with Ally right now I instantly spun around and launched myself at Rebekah, tackling her to the concrete outside of the truck with great ability and strength. When her body roughly slammed into the concrete I landed on top of her uncomfortably, and then pinned her arms to the floor as I growled with growing impatience "Where is she?" Rebekah grimaced at the recent fall then snapped with jealousy in her narrowed eyes "You really do care about her, don't you?" Her body quaked angrily underneath me as she then grabbed the collar of my shirt in both hands, and pushed me up from the ground against the truck door with even stronger ability. A growl slipped through my lips as she suddenly grabbed the crowbar beside us and hit me around the face with it, sending my cheek to the side with soaring pain. She still has a thing for me, and she's pissed that I betrayed that trust. She pulled me closer to her by hooking the crowbar around the nape of my neck and tugging me forward, as she then stated furiously "Consider me jealous." I watched her weakly as she then took the crowbar from around my neck and suddenly shoved it into my chest just below my heart, piercing my insides with unbearable pain. A cry of agony burst out of me as Rebekah twisted the crowbar inside of my chest, forcing my cry to grow even louder.