Chapter 14: Feelings Under the Moonlight

Naruko P.O.V

Kakashi and I walked back to my apartment after our date. Our fingers intertwined with each other as the smiles on our faces never faded.

"Thanks for taking me out today. The ramen was really fancy!" I cheered. There's no way I can tell him I didn't like that expensive ramen. He paid too much money to have me complain about it.

"Of course, anything for my girl."

My girl...? Ahhshjsjaka I'm actually crying! I can't believe I'm my senpai's 'girl!'

I had an uncontrollable smile on my face as I stared at him. "Your girl...? Heh, I'm my senpai's girl..."

He chuckled as the hold of his hand tightened around mine. "You're such a dork, Naruko." My heart jumped in my chest as he called me a dork. That's what Sasuke called me when we danced that night...Ugh, what am I thinking?! Focus on Kakashi-senpai! You're technically still mad at that jerk anyway!

We finally reached my apartment building. We stood by the stairs, saying our goodbyes before having to be away from each other until tomorrow morning.

"Thank you so much for today, senpai--"

"Kakashi."

"Huh?"

"Call me Kakashi...we are in a relationship now so there's no need for you to call me senpai anymore."

My face blushed a light pink from his mature statement. Looking at him now, I began to notice things I hadn't before. The way the moonlight shined on him made my heart pound. His eyes were dark like Sasuke's, but his soul was far from being as broken as his.

I always knew my senpai was handsome, but there was something about standing in the moonlight together that made me see him as a prince. The prince that would save me from the clutches of the evil dragon. He was my ticket to happiness, and I was going to make sure I would take the chance to jump into my prince's arms, leaving the dragon behind.

As we stared at each other, my senpai's hands slowly rose to hold my cheek in his palm. He used his thumb to caress my cheek, never taking his eyes away from mine.

"Naruko...you're one special girl. I don't know how you did it, but you managed to save me..." His stare was sincere and full of affection for me.

My heart began to beat quickly, anticipating what might come next: a kiss.

Kakashi-senpai used his other hand to find the band that wrapped around his ear so he could remove the mask from his face. I knew he was going to kiss me, and I wanted him to kiss me, but something didn't feel right. I felt scared.

I felt my heart drop from the reality of my feelings. I don't want to lose my feelings for Sasuke...

In every fairy tale, the princess would be saved from the prince. He would ride on his majestic horse, slaying the dragon to free the princess. Soon after the princess would fall in love with her savior, marrying him to live happily ever after, but that wasn't the case in this fairy tale.

In this tale, the princess was saved by the Dragon. While the princess was locked away in her tower she grew lonely. Every day she wished for the day her prince would come. All she had was the evil dragon that protected her castle to keep her company, but the Dragon was not an approachable beast. The dragon wanted nothing to do with the princess. He only wanted to do his job: protect the castle at all costs. The princess hated the dragon and his uncaring attitude until she began to see the amount of affection he actually carried for her.

The dragon cared for her in ways that made her heartbeat for him. The dragon would sweep her off her feet like a prince, flying her around the castle, making her the happiest princess as they lived together in their tiny home. Soon the princess came to love the dragon. She wanted to stay with him forever and not ride off with the prince. But like Romeo and Juliet, they could not be together. A dragon and a human could never work out.