009 | Companionship

a/n: ive always imagined cerberus as a humongous all black rottweiler without its tail docked, so that's how he is described in my version :) rotties are my favorite breed of dog!

this is the longest chapter of the book so far and im actually proud of it :D
✿✿✿✿

"This is the Mighty Hound of Hades; he is known here among us as Cerberus," Taehyung's deep voice announced, his large hand resting on the small of Hoseok's back as he guided the younger god into the opening where The Gateway of the Underworld sto...

"This is the Mighty Hound of Hades; he is known here among us as Cerberus," Taehyung's deep voice announced, his large hand resting on the small of Hoseok's back as he guided the younger god into the opening where The Gateway of the Underworld stood; a large, dark beast turned to face the pair of gods.

Hoseok gazed up at the imposing creature in limitless awe. The beast was magnificently gigantic. Its build was far over double the height of Taehyung as it stood menacingly over the two gods. It was greatly muscled with a prominent, deep, burly chest and taut tendons along its thick neck and long, sturdy legs. The beast was covered in rich, pitch black fur cropped close to the body, alongside bulky black scales lining across the flank and covering over its stomach. Three dog-like heads sprouted from the wide nape of the brute, each marginally different from the others, all of them sentient. To Hoseok, it's massive paws, well endowed with stout, long claws, appeared as if they were triple the size of his own head. The monstrous creature's multiple sets of large, piercing amber eyes with slitted pupils focused in on Hoseok.

With an aura of assertiveness, Hoseok approached the menacing beast, staring straight into the wide eyes of the central head. He pushed up on his toes and reached a dainty hand into the space between them. All three big, black scale-like noses pushed forward, their heavy breaths falling onto soft skin, and inhaled the saccharine scent of the young god. Large forked tongues jutted out of the mouths of the beast and began to lick at his thin fingers. Hoseok giggled at the rough feeling tickling across his sensitive skin. Lifting his other hand into the air between them, Hoseok scratched under the jutted chin of the central head, then repeated the gesture upon the remaining two. Cerberus's massive tail thumped powerfully against the stone flooring, drool beginning to drip from the mouths revealing hundreds of threatening, sharp teeth within the mouths.

"It seems Cerberus has taken a liking to you, little one," Taehyung chuckled from behind Hoseok.

Hoseok beamed at the elder god, "I shall love to spend many moments with him, he is a magnificent creature," he reflected, his hand drifting down the neck of Cerberus, scratching the thick coating of dark fur.

"Persephone," Taehyung began, his tone now low and serious, "there is a matter I must speak with you about."

Hoseok's smile faltered, and he stepped away from Cerberus, turning to fully look towards Taehyung, "What troubles you?" He asked earnestly, his sweet, green eyes sparkling.

"Walk with me, dear one," Taehyung spoke, extending his arm forward for Hoseok to intertwine his own.

Hoseok cheerfully responded to the action, looping their arms with a sunny smile upon his lips. Taehyung led them away from The Gateway as Hoseok casted a small pout over his shoulder towards his newfound companion. Cerberus's tail swished violently back and forth, hoping for the young god to return to him once more so that they may play together. Hoseok waved softly towards the great creature before returning his attention to the god of death. Taehyung was still carrying a solemn expression upon his once smiling face, and this caused worry within Hoseok.