002 | Lonesome

✿✿✿✿

Taehyung huffed out a large breath of air before stretching his long, tired limbs

Taehyung huffed out a large breath of air before stretching his long, tired limbs. He shook his large, dark wings before relaxing them against his back. He'd gone to collect another mortal soul to bring down to the Underworld, but this mortal had been a very defiant one. What makes these ignorant fools think they can fight off or defend themselves from the god of death? He didn't think he'd ever fully comprehend their ways.

He had just finally managed to drag the contrary mortal spirit into the pit where all the un-judged souls dwelled. Yoongi, known to the mortals as Hades, had been slacking on his work, which consisted of judging the spirits and dealing out their punishments and sentences. He'd seemed more distant than usual. He had seemed trapped inside of his own mind, much lonelier.

Taehyung had thought perhaps going above ground and getting fresh air could help Yoongi's seemingly stressed state, so Taehyung suggested he go to visit his brothers. Yoongi hadn't met with them for many moons, so that was Taehyung's reasoning. However, the god of death couldn't help himself but think something was different about his closest companion.

He, of all immortals, knew better than anyone else that Yoongi was lonely. Though the both of them did enjoy having their own private, personal space, as most would from time to time, but Taehyung couldn't help but feel that his king finally needed a queen.

Occasionally, a pair of mortals would die together, possibly even for each other. Taehyung knew it couldn't just be his mind playing tricks when he would notice Yoongi's gaze lingering on pairs with a seemingly wishful look. Whether Yoongi realized it himself or not, he wanted someone to love, and in return someone to love him. In hopes Yoongi would find someone he would take a romantic interest in, Taehyung had been constantly urging him to go visit the surface of earth.

Taehyung was pulled away from his thoughts when Cerberus began to bark loudly, the powerful, demanding sound echoing off the dark walls, signalling that someone was making an entrance. Yoongi appeared in the entrance of the grand hall, his signature brooding frown absent from his expression, a thoughtful look, almost smile, in it's replacement.

"Welcome back home, my king, how was your trip?" Taehyung asked, walking over to the god and taking his heaviest outer robe from off his broad shoulders.

"Did you know of Seokjin's birthing a child?" Yoongi asked, striding to his throne, easing himself into place.

"Mm, I think I heard something of the sort one of the last times I collected a mortal farmer's spirit," Taehyung hummed thoughtfully in response, handing over the black, heavy, fur robe to one of the spirits lucky enough to serve the gods instead of suffer from eternal damnation.

"... I want him," Yoongi murmured lowly, dark eyes narrowing.

"You want the child?" Taehyung clarified, receiving a firm nod in return from the other, "What could you possibly want it for?" Taehyung asked curiously, seating himself on the obsidian arm of the empty throne beside Yoongi's.

"Taehyung, you know how dear of a friend you are to me," Yoongi started, reaching out and engulfing the god's hand in his own large, pale one, staring deeply into the other god's bright red eyes.

Taehyung nodded his head in confirmation, waiting for the other immortal to continue, "You have always kept me great company, which I will forever treasure, but now, I desire something more. I don't know what it was, but that child completely captivated my attention. And now... now I want him. I seek companionship with him," Yoongi spoke, sincerity lacing his words.

Taehyung was internally smiling, pleased with himself. This was exactly what he wanted. Yoongi was his dearest friend, and the thought of finally being able to see him with a queen filled his heart with immense joy. It did not matter who Yoongi wished for as long as he was content. That was all that Taehyung truly cared about.

"I'm just not sure of what to do," Yoongi's grip on his hand tightened, "If I know Seokjin, I know of his stubbornness. He would never let me wed his son," he spoke, the somewhat positive expression on his face darkening.

"Then speak with Zeus! He of all the gods could do something about this. I'm sure he could perhaps demand Demeter to allow your marriage. Don't fret, my king, I'll aid in your happiness in whatever way I can," Taehyung consoled the god, caressing his thumb over the back of his pale hand.

"I truly thank you, Taehyung, you have always been a true friend to me," Yoongi gave a small smile.

"Come now, Yoongi. You musn't unnecessarily waste time," Taehyung spoke standing from the throne, snapping his finger, beckoning for the soul to bring forth Yoongi's heavy robe, "I'll stay behind and keep watch over the souls while you visit your brother," Taehyung wrapped the dark robe around the god's shoulders, and then engulfed him in a hug.

"Thank you, Taehyung. I will return soon," Yoongi pulled away and placed a parting kiss on his cheek.

"Send my greetings when you get to Olympus," Taehyung called out, waving at the fading form of the god.

✿✿✿✿
a/n: i think g-dragon should be zeus, cause y'know

god=god

zeus=god

g-dragon=god

zeus=g-dragon