Drones

Suddenly I shook Chris' hand off me and ran upstairs again. What the fuck is going on here? "Matt wait!", I heard Chris shouting behind me but I didn't stop. I just wanted to get out of here. Upstairs again I grabbed my keys from the table and ran to the front door. I tried to put the key into the lock but my hands were shaking too hard. "Matt! What the fuck are you doing, it isn't safe out there!" Chris grabbed my shoulder and tried to pull me away from the door. I just punched him in the stomach. "Leave me alone!", I cried and proceeded trying to open the door. Then I finally managed to turn the keys and push the door open.

I ran outside. This isn't real. It can't be. Come on wake up! This is just a nightmare! When you wake up, Dom will be there and he will comfort you! I kept running, not paying attention to what's around me. Suddenly I stumbled over a stone and fell to the ground. "Ouch!" A sharp pain ran through my arm and I saw, that I scraped it. Then I finally looked around. I stared at the destroyed buildings around me. There were holes everywhere in the street. No, it wasn't a street anymore. Just bits of concrete. The air was filled with smoke and dust and I had to cough. In the far distance I heard gunshots. Suddenly I heard some sort of mechanical sound behind me.

I slowly turned my head and behind me stood... something. It looked like a... cyborg? Half human, half machine. It looked up and down me with glowing red eyes. "Target identified." I heard a mechanical voice say. "Matthew Bellamy. Charge: Disobeying the leader and being a member of the rebellion. Plea: Guilty. Sentence: Execution." The thing lifted up one arm and it turned into a machine gun. I couldn't move. I just stared a the thing. Now I'm sure. This isn't the real world. But then I heard another sound behind me and a beam of laser was fired at the cyborg. It let out a mechanical scream and exploded. I held my arms in front of my face to protect myself.

"Matt! Bloody hell, what do you think you're doing!?" It was my friend Chris, holding a big Sience-Fiction like gun. Now I was glad to see him. "What... what was... that thing?", I asked with a shaky voice and pointed at the leftover mechanical parts of the machine. "Uhhh... a drone?", replied Chris like it was the most normal thing on earth. "Please! Explain to me what the fuck is going on here! Where is Dom? I want to be with Dom!", I sobbed. "No!", said Chris, staring at me. "What the fuck is going on with YOU? Why do you act like this?" "Like what?" I looked at my friend with tears in my eyes. Chris sighed. "I'm gonna take you to our doctor, come on." He grabbed my arm and pulled me on my feet. This time I didn't resist and I let him drag me back to my house.