[ fourteen ]

[ fourteen ] 

It was until I got back to my hotel room that I finally gave in to the wave of tears that had been threatning to escape. I went straight to my bedroom and dropped my cellphone on the nightstand before I climbed into bed, with no desire to do anything else. That was the downside to some decisions. You could take one path and lose one thing, or go the other way and lose something else. That was how I felt at that moment. I wanted to finish my internship, earn my degree, and be with James. But James had someone else, and I didn't want to be the villain their tale.

My phone vibrated against the wooden nightstand with a loud sound just once, signaling I had a text message. I almost didn't want to get it, but a part of me was hopeful that it could be James.

I reached out and picked it up in my hand, taking a look at the screen.

There was a text message, but not from the person I had been secretly hoping for. It was from Toni.

When I opened it, I read over his message, wondering what he wanted. After all, it wasn't his fault I was in a foul mood. It was my own.

toni (+34 6xx-xxx-xxx): hallo arista :)

arista (+57 315-xxx-xxxx): hola toni! ^.^

toni (+34 6xx-xxx-xxx): did you get my presents?

arista (+57 315-xxx-xxxx): i did. thank you! the chocolates were amazing. but you really didn't have to do this.

toni (+34 6xx-xxx-xxx): a little welcome present doesn't hurt :)

arista (+57 315-xxx-xxxx): i just don't want people to get the wrong idea. we're only getting to know each other as friends.

toni (+34 6xx-xxx-xxx): people will make anything into gossip, so its best not to worry about it :p

arista (+57 315-xxx-xxxx): i suppose you're right ^.^

toni (+34 6xx-xxx-xxx): arista, i was wondering if you'd like to go out tonight. we could go watch a movie or have dinner together, or anything.

arista (+57 315-xxx-xxxx): oh toni, that sounds lovely. but i don't feel well tonight. honest.

toni (+34 6xx-xxx-xxx): with even more reason then. the fresh air will do you well.

arista (+57 315-xxx-xxxx): hm...i don't know.

toni (+34 6xx-xxx-xxx): come on, we'll do anything you want :)

arista (+57 315-xxx-xxxx): okay fineeee. how about you come over and we can watch some movies? but this movie date is only as friends AND you need to go home no later than midnight. those are my conditions.

toni (+34 6xx-xxx-xxx): you've got yourself a deal :)

arista (+57 315-xxx-xxxx): okay, well hurry up and get over here.

toni (+34 6xx-xxx-xxx): i don't know which hotel you're staying in :p

arista (+57 315-xxx-xxxx): the one where i almost knocked you out that first day we met. haha :$

toni (+34 6xx-xxx-xxx): el hotel castellano, was it?

arista (+57 315-xxx-xxxx): mhm ^.^