Chapter 15: Last First Dance

05/22/2019

-Hi Alison, how are ya?

-I'm amazing darling and I have some amazing news!

- I'm sure another bright idea is on the way ?

- You are underestimating my organizing skills girl.

-Alright, what is it?

-Edward and I are throwing a party this  Friday in our place , and we invited everyone. It's gonna be legendary! You're coming, right?

-I guess I can.

-But we have some side notes here. The theme of the party is Vintage Highschool Prom.

-Seriously? How creative!

-C'mon, we missed our prom don't you remember? This is our last chance for a good prom. By the way you have to bring a partner with you, this is like a rule.

-Would've been nice if I had one.

-Bring that fedora guy. I want to meet with him.

-That is not a good idea, I think.

-Why, don't be shy. Just bring him.

-He doesn't like being around people a lot. Besides, him and I... We're on friendly terms.

-If you're good friends,he can't let you go on a prom alone. So just ask him out girl!

-I will try, but I can't guarantee you.

-Alright see you there.

-Bye.

I closed the phone and went back to the living room. Harold was flipping the pages of an old photo album with a loose smile on his face.

"How long did the phone call last?" he asked,keeping his eye on the photos.

"Four minutes and twenty nine seconds." I said, turning my phone screen to him.

"Good, the present time is still the same." he said, smiling with joy.

"Harold." I said, sitting on the sofa right next to the armchair he was sitting on.
I pulled the photo album down to get our eye communucation back.

"What?" he asked, his eyes tended to look back at the photos.

"Can you do me a favor?" I asked as I widened my eyes like a little puppy.

"Depends on what kind of favor it is." he said,slowly putting the album on the coffee table. He casually crossed both his arms and his legs. He was ready to listen.

"I know it is hard for you and I know it is selfish of me to ask this but still maybe... Nevermind." I said.

His eyes were locked on mine even though I was talking nonsense.
His attention was adorable.

"No, ask it. You'll never know the answer if you don't." he said, grinning.

"Alison is throwing a prom themed party and, I need a partner. I was just wondering if you..."

An instant
"No." got out of his lips before I finished my sentence.

"Please, it would mean a lot to me.Just think about it." I said.

"You know I can't. This is risky.
It's not gonna happen Stella, end of discussion." he said, flashing his eyes at me.

"Yeah I get it, it was stupid of me to ask anyways." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Don't take this personal okay? I have a lot of weight on my shoulders already. I am walking on a fragile line, I can't risk anything." he continued.