Chapter 12 : relief

Sunday

I began to stir as the bright morning sun shone into my window.

I rolled over right into Oliver's side. His eyes opened slowly and he sent me a sweet, sleepy smile, "Good morning."

I grinned and shoved my face into the crook of his neck, "Mornin'."

I looked over to my alarm clock and it was almost noon. Whoops.

He took in a deep breath and sighed, "Today's the day."

I smiled at him gently, "Are you ready for it?"

He sent me a sheepish smile back, "To be completely honest, I don't know."

"I don't blame you." I said quietly.

He stretched, "I'm not gonna think about it right now, let's go eat breakfast."

I nodded and got up, following close behind him the whole way to the kitchen.

I watched as he looked around in the pantry and fridge, then he turned around and grinned, "Wanna go get iHop?"

My eyes widened, "Hell yes."

We ran back upstairs into our rooms to change, i chose to throw on a pair of Nike leggings and a champion sweatshirt with some Nike tennis shoes for the time being.

I went back downstairs quickly and was met by a waiting Oliver

"Let's goooooo." I said loudly.

He chuckled and led me out the door.

As we walked, I began to think about Hawaii, "My mom used to take me to iHop after every single gymnastics meet."

Oliver smiled fondly at me, "I bet that was nice."

I nodded, "Ya know, someday I wanna go back and visit there. Dad bought the house we lived in, it'd be nice to see it again sometime. But I'm not ready for that yet." I said with tears beginning to form in my eyes.

He gripped my hand tightly, "You'll go back someday in the future, if it makes you feel any better, I could go with you."

I smiled as I sniffed, "Are you saying you're gonna stick around?"

"I plan on it. Can't get rid of me now." He said with a playful shrug.

I chuckled, "Who said I'd want to?"

He sent me a big smile as we approached the doors of iHop.

He opened the door for me with a childish grin, "Chivalry still isn't dead."