Chapter 1 : man-whore

Saturday

The loud chatter of the Long Beach, California Airport droned on in my ears as I made my way to the baggage claim to get all of my things.

As I stood in front of the conveyor belt, watching for my bags, I began thinking. Thinking of how much my life was about to change.

I wrapped my arms around myself and stared intently at the bags passing by slowly, trying to stop the thoughts from entering my head.

Finally, I see my bags. I quickly grabbed them and turned around to start searching for my brother and father.

As I scanned the crowd of faces, a pair of bright blue eyes, almost identical to mine, connected with my gaze.

I felt a small smile rise on my face as I realized whose eyes had connected with mine. They belonged to my twin brother, Liam.

I quickly walked over to him as he opened his arms for me.

As I got closer, I dropped my bags and leapt into Liam's outstretched arms.

He caught me with ease and held me tightly against him, "I've missed you so much Isabella." He said into my hair.

I smiled as he released me from his grip, "I missed you like crazy."

Liam and I's little moment was broken when my father coughed awkwardly from beside Liam.

He came closer and gave me a short hug, "It's good to see you." He said in an emotionless tone.

"Yeah, you too." I said shortly.

I have no fucking idea what I ever did to him. He's always hated me and that's why I lived in a place far away from him since I was very young.

"Well, we should get going." My dad said, grabbing one of my bags and walking away, leaving no room for any other commentary.

Liam and I grabbed the rest of the bags from the ground and slowly trailed after our father.

"I'm sorry about him Issy, he's kind of an asshat, but the good thing is that he's always traveling for work." (Izzy)

I smiled, "Ooh good, we can have the entire house with just us two."

His smiled tightened and a guilty expression rose to his face, "Don't be mad, okay?"

My eyebrows furrowed, "Okay." I said very slowly as we packed my bags into the trunk.

"Well my best friend, Oliver, lives with us." He said after we had gotten in the backseat of the car.

I sighed in relief, I thought he was gonna say something way worse than that, "Why would I be mad about that?"

"Welllll, he's kind of a man-whore and he always has girls over, but I've talked to him about you and he knows that you're off limits." He said quickly.

I rolled my eyes, "Okay." I said with a sigh.

"I told you not to be mad!"

"I'm not mad Liam, I don't know, I'm just a little conflicted now."

"Don't be, he wont bother you.....hopefully." He murmured as the car came to a stop outside of a beautiful two-story house.

I got out of the car and grabbed a couple bags to set them down in front of the house.

After all of my bags were out, with the help of Liam, my dad looked at us both, "I've got to go to work now and I don't know when I'll be back."

"Okay, bye dad." Liam said as if this was normal.