Fake Proposals, Free Desserts and an Intervention

Summary:

Harry and Draco faked their proposals to get free desserts, things escalate quickly when Harry starts to feel things.

____________
(Warning: Smut)

"I'm so glad we can finally have tonight to ourselves" Harry began, raising his wine glass up in the air, Draco smiled at him fondly and raised his as well, they clinked their glasses together and Harry continued "Is your food good?"

"Oh, yeah" Draco replied "The salmon is exceptional" Harry's legs began to shake, he felt so nervous still.

"I think you are more exceptional than the salmon"

"Please, you're flattering me, Harry"

"You know, I never tell lies" Harry winked, he took a deep breath before continued "I have something to tell you"

"What is it?" Without replying, Harry stood up from his chair and slowly crouching down on one knee, he could see Draco's eyes starting to widen, his mouth falling slightly open and his fork fell on the table. Harry pulled out a small red box from his pocket and opened it, he heard gasps and small applause around him in the restaurant "Draco Lucius Malfoy...Will you marry me?"

"Oh my god yes! Yes yes yes!" Draco gasped, tears forming around his eyes as he stood up as well, extending his hand. Harry pulled the ring from the box and put it in Draco's finger, it fits perfectly. The blond bent down and they met halfway for a hug, Harry has never felt so happy in his life.

*

"Here's our free dessert" The nice waitress said with a smile, setting down the plate of chocolate soufflé "For the newly engaged couple"

"Thank you so much" Both Harry and Draco said. Once the waitress had left the table, Harry showed a sly smile as Draco did the same

"We really should feel guilty for this"

"We deserve free desserts" Draco shrugged softly, digging his spoon into the soufflé. Harry looked at the way Draco ate and remembered the first time it happened. It was one of their weekly dinner as friends, they have been friends, for years now, it was no longer strange for the world to see them together anymore, but no, they were just friends. That night was normal until Harry found a ring under the table, he bent down on one knee to take it, and as soon as he looked up, the restaurant was clapping at them, thinking Harry had just proposed, Draco was equally shocked that moment. Harry didn't know what to do then, but somehow Draco said yes and took the ring anyway, probably to avoid the scene they'd make if Draco had said no. After that, they received their first free dessert. That was when it started, they sometimes do it for fun, not always, once every few months if they were in a mood, it was a guilty thing to do, Harry knew it, but he felt different when he did it with Draco, perhaps because they were good friends, or perhaps it was something else he'd never admit to Draco himself.

"Is it good?" Harry asked, his eyes still glued on Draco's glossy lips with a bit of chocolate on, but he didn't dare touch it, though he felt an urge to.

"Here, try some" Draco held up a spoonful of soufflé and opened his mouth, signalling Harry to eat it. The Auror complied in reflex, he could never say no to Draco "So? Spectacular, right? I can eat ten of this"

"Yeah, I know, you have a sweet tooth" Harry said while trying to swallow the rest of the chocolate in his mouth quickly, he knew Draco didn't like it when it he talked while chewing.

"So, Harry" Draco slowed his movements and fiddled with the spoon, twirling it around the small soufflé bowl. Harry sensed something bad, he could feel it, Draco rarely stuttered, ever "I have something to tell you"