04

Later that day, Annika sat sipping her evening tea in the living room. The glass walls gave a lovely view of the city, and Annika had found a spot for herself on one of the couches. Sometimes, she liked to pretend that this was her house, given how similar it was to her dream house. The very next second, she would be reminded that she was sharing it with the most insolent guy on this planet, who owned the said house.

"Hey."

Annika was startled to hear Shivaay's voice. It was rare for him to talk to her, and so she assumed that he must be on the phone. She didn't turn back.

"Annika?" He called out. Annika turned to face him, surprised.

"I got this for you," He said, holding forward a box. "From the departmental store. Don't worry, it's been sanitized well."

Annika took the box from him hesitantly. She had fully planned on avoiding him after their squabble in the morning, and it was very surprising that he was willingly talking to her.

"Tea leaves?" Annika exclaimed, delighted. When she had arrived at his house, she had been dismayed to find that he didn't drink tea. She had managed to order it online but couldn't find the brand she preferred. But he had remembered and gotten it from her. Annika couldn't help feeling a little giddy.

"I came across it and thought you might want it," He shrugged. "This is the one you wanted, right?"

Annika nodded.

"Thank you."

"No worries," He replied, the corner of lips lifting up, only slightly. He turned and went back to his room to type away at his laptop. Annika held the box close to her chest. She had been so pissed at him after his words from the morning. In fact, she had even cried over it, because of how imposing she was feeling in his house. But after this small act from him, her heart lightened up a little.

Maybe Prinku was right and she would just have to give a little time for Shivaay Singh Oberoi to open up.