15

Annika kept tossing and turning in bed at night. She wasn't sleepy, and she had an incredible urge to cuddle with her boyfriend. She had even hinted it to him earlier, while they were kissing each other good night. He, of course, had quickly retired to his room saying he was exhausted. Annika was furious. How could her own boyfriend reject her like that? Had it been anyone else, they would be happy to be in such a position. Locked down with your girlfriend in another country, no one to hide from, no one to supervise you...wasn't this the dream? Huffing, Annika hugged the pillow closer to herself and tried to pretend that it was Shivaay. Needless to say, it didn't work. Shivaay didn't smell like lemon-scented detergent. He smelled like expensive cologne and sunlight.

Giving up on trying to sleep, Annika decided she would have to take matters into her own hand. Quickly devising a plan in her head, she threw away her duvet and walked out of her room, to the opposite side of the hall. Reaching Shivaay's room, she knocked tentatively, hoping he was awake. He was apparently a light sleeper, anyway. Annika had to knock a few more times until Shivaay opened the door, rubbing his eyes.

"Baby," He quickly cupped Annika's face as he took in his surroundings in a sleep-fazed mind. "Is everything okay?"

"I can't fall asleep," Annika mumbled, jutting her bottom lip out. "I'm scared."

"Scared of what?" Shivaay asked. She could make out his confused expression in the dimly lit hall-room.

"I was watching a horror movie because I couldn't sleep, and now I'm scared." The lie sounded unbelievable to Annika's own ears. She was the kind of person who could sleep peacefully after watching the scariest movies and documentaries.

Shivaay clicked his tongue at her words. "I've told you not to watch these stupid horror movies. They mess with your head."

"Sorry," Annika said. She felt slightly bad that she was making Shivaay worry about a blatant lie. "But ab toh dekh liya, na? I feel like there's someone in my room. Will you please come and check?"

"Me?" Shivaay's eyes instantly widened. Annika bit her bottom lip to hide a smile. She knew there was no way Shivaay would agree to go her room now. Shivaay Singh Oberoi was a lot of things, but he was not the bravest man on earth. "B-baby, what's the need? I mean, I don't think there's anything in your room, but if you're really scared, you should just sleep in my room. I won't be comfortable leaving you alone in this state, anyway."

Annika did a mini victory dance in her head.

"Okay," She shrugged her shoulders. "If you insist."

Letting her in, Shivaay closed the door of his bedroom. Annika went straight for the bed and snuggled into his duvet. His smell was all around. Shivaay stood by the foot of the bed, calculating something.

"What happened?" Annika frowned.

"Um, I was just wondering if the couch is big enough for me," Shivaay scratched the back of his neck." Annika gaped at him with her mouth open. The couch in his room was small even for her. And what was with him being such an idiot, anyway?

"Shivaay," Annika started slowly. "I won't eat you up if we sleep in the same bed."

"I might," Shivaay muttered, making Annika blush. "Fine. If you insist." Saying so, Shivaay lay down on the bed beside her. Annika instantly threw one arm and leg over him, hugging him tight. Finally, her boyfriend-pillow was here. Shivaay stiffened at first but relaxed as Annika put her head over his shoulders.

"Shivaay, we're still going to be dating once we go back to our normal lives, na?" Annika asked out of the blue. Shivaay almost laughed.

"Babe, what do you think, this is some sort of quarantine fling? Of course we're going to be together."

"But you'll be so busy with work," Annika looked up at him with a pout, which he was quick to kiss. "And once I come back to Toronto to finish college, we'll barely see each other."

"Ever heard of long-distance relationships?" Shivaay rolled his eyes. "Don't worry about these things, Annika. We'll figure it out. Now sleep."

Annika would have liked to do a lot more than just sleep; after all, she had worked hard to finally reach his bed. But in his protective hold, sleep came easily.

--

Annika was dusting the furniture in the living room the next morning when Shivaay came in. He had been on a call to India for long and had an expression on his face that Annika couldn't decipher.

"All good?" Annika asked as she carefully dusted the Laughing Buddha. She had almost dropped it once and Shivaay's reaction had not been kind. Of course, this was before they had started exchanging saliva, among other things.

"Yeah," He said, coming behind her and taking her into a back hug. "I have good news. Or bad news. Depends on how you look at it," He said, placing his chin on her shoulder.

"What is it?" Annika asked, tensed already. How could it be good news if it was bad news?

"I was just on a call with the family. Bade papa has some connections in the government, and there is talk going on about opening the borders for Indian citizens to go back home."

"Shivaay," Annika jumped excitedly, turning around to face him, "that's amazing news! What's bad in it?"

"The fact that we won't be living together anymore?" Shivaay said, his expression almost hurtful. Annika bit her tongue. She was too excited to hear the news of being able to go back home in the near future.

"Shivaay," Annika wound her arms around his neck, "that has to happen someday or the other, na? Besides, you're the one who said we'll figure it out when we get there."

"I know," Shivaay sighed, leaning his forehead against hers. "But I'm just so used to your presence that the thought of going back home isn't as exciting as it would have been two months ago. Because now, you are also my home."

"That has to be the most romantic thing you have ever said to me," Annika said with a smile, her eyes a little moist. "And it won't be easy for me, either. I'm so used to you scolding me for small things, and making me good food, watching horror movies with me with your eyes closed..."

"What about me kissing you and all, huh?" Shivaay asked with a frown. "Won't you miss that?" Annika laughed at his cuteness.

"I'll miss that the most," Annika admitted. "Which is why you shouldn't waste any more time and kiss me as much as possible before we have to go back."

Shivaay didn't need to be told twice. He did kiss her, pinning her against the living room wall. His kisses were so hot, but his hands of course remained stubbornly on her waist. Annika moaned as he started placing wet kisses below her ear. Taking his hand, she carefully placed his palm on her left breast. Shivaay froze. Annika almost groaned out loud in frustration.

"Go on," She urged him, biting his earlobe. It was Shivaay's turn to moan, as he gently cupped her breast and moved back to her mouth.

"Fuck it," He whispered in between kisses, before lifting her up so that she could wrap her legs around his waist. Annika smiled into the kiss. At least something good had come out of the news of going back home. By the end of their make-out session, Shivaay's hands had not only wandered above her waist but under her top as well. As they stood against the wall catching their breath, Annika almost laughed at this turn of events. Who knew the thought of separation could make her boyfriend this desperate? Relaxing against her, Shivaay nuzzled her neck.

"I don't like the idea of being away from you anymore," He mumbled in an adorable manner. Annika's heart melted.

"It's okay baby," She placed a soft kiss on his lips. "The government hasn't declared anything yet. We still have time."

Assured, Shivaay hugged Annika tighter. They were going to make the most out of this time. Because once the borders were opened, they would have no option but to go back home.