Epilogue

One year later

"Annika, are you coming?"

In her posh British accent, Samantha asked Annika if she was accompanying the gang for lunch at Alo. Annika shook her head.

"I'm sorry, I'll have to pass."

"Oh come on, girl," Samantha urged. "We're done with exams, and in a week we'll all be in different parts of the world!" That was true. Graduation for the Batch of 2021 was in a week and soon, people who had spent the last four years of their life together would be in various parts of the world. While some would be pursuing masters, others would be jumping directly into jobs. Annika was planning to do both – complete her Masters in Mumbai, while also interning with an event management company she had gotten an offer from.

"I know," Annika sighed. "And I promise I'll join you guys for every other hangout plan this week. But the thing is, I'm supposed to meet my boyfriend today," Annika bit her lip to hide a smile. If she smiled anymore, her cheeks would start hurting.

"Oh, I thought he lived in India?" Samantha asked, confused. "Wait, is he coming all the way here for your graduation?"

"Yep," Annika grinned. "He's coming early so that we can spend some time here together before my parents arrive."

"Gosh, that is so romantic," Samantha swooned. "Have a great time, babe!"

Thanking her, Annika left campus to catch the metro to downtown. She couldn't even begin to describe how excited she was. She had last seen Shivaay almost 6 months ago, before classes had moved back to campus after the pandemic had ended. And now, they were going back to his condo, back to where they had started almost exactly a year ago. The thought of graduation was making her sad, but then there was so much to look forward to. Starting her internship, being with Shivaay, being back in Mumbai, being with Shivaay...

When Annika reached the apartment, Shivaay was waiting for her with the door open. Annika leapt into his arms with an excited squeal and he twirled her around, laughing.

"Hi, baby," He placed a kiss on her forehead after putting her down. His eyes were shining with delight. "I missed you." Annika couldn't help but notice that he looked even more handsome than she last remmebered.

"I missed you too, baby boy," Annika kissed his cheek. Shivaay was about to say something, but Annika got distracted. She took in her surroundings and smiled. This was the place she and Shivaay had spent months in, fighting, laughing, kissing. This was their quarantine heaven.

"I missed this place," Annika said softly as she lightly her fingers against the arm of the couch. Shivaay had gotten the place cleaned as soon as he had arrived.

"Me too," Shivaay took her into a back hug. "What say we permanently shift here?"

"Yeah, right," Annika rolled her eyes. "As tempting as that sounds, I do have my education to finish in Mumbai." Annika took a tour of the house, feeling nostalgic even about how much stress she had taken here while giving her finals, before Shivaay finally managed to sit her down for lunch. He had cooked her favorite dishes. After eating, Annika suggested they go out for a while. After all, they had never really explored the city together. Shivaay was reluctant – he would rather stay inside and indulge in more delightful activities, but Annika managed to convince him. She was staying the night with him and they would have plenty of time later.

They came back to the apartment only after dinner. Annika had bought lots of gifts for her friends and relatives back home, while Shivaay had gotten her a graduation present: a lovely bracelet that would go perfectly with her graduation dress. Leaving all the shopping bags in the hallway, they made their way to what used to be Shivaay's room. Annika stretched her arms, ready to snuggle into bed with Shivaay after literally a year, but Shivaay was quick to take her into a back hug. He started placing soft kisses below her ear, making Annika arch her neck.

"Someone's eager," She giggled as Shivaay rubbed his beard against her sensitive skin. Shivaay hummed in response.

"Remember when I used to be reluctant to touch you intimately because I was scared of not being able to control myself?" Shivaay asked against her ear. Annika nodded in response, too fazed to say anything. She moaned when he took her earlobe into his mouth and sucked not so gently.

"Well," he continued, "let's just say that that man is gone and has been replaced by a very, very, eager beast."

"Beast?" Annika smiled, her eyes closed as Shivaay moved his hands against her waist.

"Beast," Shivaay confirmed, and swiftly turning her around, he picked her up and threw her on the soft bed. Annika gasped. Shivaay's eyes were dark with desire and Annika trembled as she felt it in her own body.

That night, Shivaay and Annika made love for the first time, in the very place where their love story had started. As Annika lay in Shivaay's arms, she mused over how strange it was that the pandemic had brought so much bad into the world, but so much good into her life. She placed a kiss on Shivaay's bare chest before drifting off to sleep. They would get many such nights in the future to stay awake talking.

And this is the End! I hope you all liked the ending

And this is the End! I hope you all liked the ending. I just didn't want to prolong the story anymore.

Thank you to everyone who read this story. I didn't expect it would get the kind of love it did. Forever grateful 🌸