1 - 5 I Wish I was Yours

"I like you too, Tsukishima, so, so much. There's no need to cry anymore, my Moonshine," Kuroo told him, gently pulling away and then walking around so he could be facing the blond male. He gently cupped his cheek with one hand, using the other one to brush away his tears with his thumb. He pressed a gentle kiss to his free cheek, and then just wrapped his arms around him, holding the other male close.

Tsukishima was confused and hurt and understandably shocked, he honestly didn't know how to respond. "I don't understand, Kuroo-"

"Tetsurou. Call me Tetsurou, Moonshine," he interrupted, giving him a caring smile,

"Tetsurou... I just don't get why you would like someone like me when you're, well, you. I don't think I'm nearly good enough to be your Moonshine," he said, leaning into his embrace and hugging back just as tightly. He felt more comfortable when Kuroo was hugging him, like he could freely be honest and vulnerable and still he cared for just the same.

Kuroo kissed his head and continued to hold him close, sighing softly at his words. "That's the thing, I don't think that I'm good enough for you either, Moonshine. You still said all of those lovely things about me, and especially coming from you it means much more than you know. But you're Tsukishima, you're tall, smart, you've got the face of an angel. You've got this wicked personality, I don't think I've met anyone else that's so fun to banter with. At the same time, you're kind and you have this gentle side. I can't even begin to tell you how fucking cute it was when you curled up to me yesterday morning in the staff room, or when you fell asleep in the gym last night and I carried you back. You just seem so peaceful and I don't know, but I felt so lucky that I got to spend time with you like that. When we're practicing and even just when we talk, you listen to me, I mean really listen, and I feel like it's just me and you and nothing else really matters. I could go on for hours about you and I'm not going to lie, I have done that and I'm pretty sure Akaashi was sick of it. I just really, really like you, Tsukishima."

Tsukishima felt tears well up in his eyes again, though this time they were happy tears, relieved tears, since now he knew that they had both just been oblivious idiots all along. "K-Kei, not Tsukishima. Just don't overuse it, it's a very rare privilege and Yamaguchi is the only other person aside from family and now you allowed to use it," he sniffled, continuing to stay close. "Also, fuck you for making me feel all these feelings. I haven't cried since I was eight, and now I've cried multiple times this week. That being said, since you carried me back yesterday I guess I can get over it."

Kuroo chucked softly at his words, humming softly. "Well, I'm glad my Moonshine, no, my Kei doesn't hate me. It would be pretty hard for you to be mine if you didn't want to be mine, after all," he teased, loosening the hug so he could once again wipe away Tsukishima's tears.

"Does that mean that... you perhaps want to be boyfriends?" he mumbled, a soft blush on his cheeks now that he wasn't as teary anymore.

Kuroo laughed loudly at that one, and gave him a massive grin. "Duh, Kei. I thought that was obvious when I was calling you my Moonshine. I would be an even bigger idiot than I already am if I let you get away, when I've already been an idiot to not realise that we liked each other. I always imagined confessing first, but honestly you did it much better than I ever could. Rest assured, there will still be awful pickup lines, even if you're already mine and I'm yours."

Kei snorted at the last part and nodded, giving Tetsurou a proper smile this time. It was a genuinely happy one, accompanied by a loving look in his eyes, much different than the fake ones he plastered on or his amused smirks. This was a smile he only reserved for his Tetsurou.

Tsukishima no longer had to wish that he was Kuroo's. He was Kuroo's Moonshine, he was Kuroo's Kei, and he couldn't be happier for it.