chapter 7

{{ashtons pov}}

cuddling with kenzie felt amazing. she just fit perfectly in my arms. the way she snuggled her head in my chest made my heart skip a beat. i can tell shes broken and scared inside, and its my priority to fix her. heck, i just met her and its like im wrapped around her finger.

i lay on my bed, still thinking about the beautiful brunette next door. i take out my phone & text kenzie. i put her name as, "kenzie♥️."

i text her and say, "hey its ash!" i was hoping she would text back quickly. but i guess shes busy. im hungry. so i guess ill eat until she get back. so i walk in the kitchen and get some cereal.

as i was eating at the table, i turned my head to the right and i saw this guy with kenzie. i could feel my blood boiling. he walked up to her and put his hands on either side of her head on the bricks of the house. i stood up and watched him as he slapped her and she flinched. now im pissed.

i run out the door and just as he was about to punch her, i pull him off and beat him to death. well, not to death. but pretty bad. i mean, breathing was slowed, face was bleeding. i did a pretty good job. but when i look up to kenzie, shes crying and looking at me like im crazy. she ran into the house and slammed the door in my face.

well crap. i messed up.