Chapter X

Having sex for the first time in my life made me feel like I was whole. I felt like I was ready to take on the world. When I looked over at Altair I realized I felt loved. I have been with guys before but never all the way and even then they never made me feel like this. This feeling of butterflies burstings in my chest must have been what pure happiness felt like. I felt Altair playing with my wavey brown locks. Each time the back of his knuckles softly hit the middle of my back. I turned around sat just a few inches away from him. 

"I didn't think that was going to happen," I told him with a grin I tried to hide by turning my face away from his. Altair didn't say anything. He just sat up, grabbed my face, and brought it to his. He kissed my lips again but slower this time. I felt his tongue dance in my mouth. His hand was at my neck slowly caressing it with this thumb. His face went down to where his thumb was and kissed my it, and then sucked on it gently leaving love bites. I moaned softly with each kiss. His hand held the back of my head as I leaned onto it. This was really happening again and I let it too. I could not resist him at all. The power he had on my body was strong. Being next to him was like a moth to a flame but instead of burning up, I caught the flames and it felt like I was on fire or at least the pits of my stomach felt that way. He left a trail of kissed down my body. His head went lower and lower and then stopped. I yelled out in pleasure as he sucked and pulled on my lower extremities. I had to have him again. I yanked on the collar of his shirt and once more we played the game of thug and pull except this time it was faster. My body arched with every thrust as he held my waist and then I could not take it any longer. I yelled out in pleasure. He brought my head to his and kissed my lips. For a moment I had forgotten he was a vampire.

I fell to sleep in his arms dreaming of a life I could not have. He was my husband and I was his wife. We owned a home with a a white picket fence. He came home from work wearing a business suit and greeted me with a kiss. Our kids who were twins came running over to him screaming Daddy, Daddy in excitement. I took my dishwashing gloves off and stared back at myself realizing this was all just a dream. I opened my eyes realizing Altair used his blazer as a blanket to cover me. I turned around to face him. He had his right hand resting on his stomach and one knee bent in the air. His face was turned to me but his eyes were closed. He was resting peacefully and almost looked dead. I have only been in the same bed with him once and that was the first time I met him. I felt so uncomfortable back then. So much so I put pillows in between us but when I started to look back. He never laid with me again till today. I traced his cheekbones by hoovering my finger over his face. I wanted to touch him but I was unsure about doing it. I then said fuck it. I moved his black hair our of his eyes and when I did he grabbed my wrist tight. His amethyst colored eyes were glowing at me and then settled down when he realized it was me.

"I'm sorry," I told him. He let go of my wrist and placed his hand on it. We didn't say anything to each other. We just stared at one another. Why was this happening? How was this happening? I was really falling for a vampire. He studied my face as I studied his. 

"You make me believe in God again." Was all he said to me as his thumb ran over my bottom lip. I couldn't help but smile. Altair had no imperfections on his face, no birthmarks, or stubble growing on his face. His face was literally perfect and symmetrical. He had long thick eyelashes I wish I had. 

" Is this how you looked as a human? Or did you becoming a vampire make you look more beautiful." He scoffed and shook his head.

"I like to think I looked like this before I became a vampire." Altair soft said to me looking up at the ceiling of the cave.

"I bet you did." I soft said. 

"We should get back." He told me. I nodded my head in agreement. Once I had all my things in order and he adjusted himself I stared at him.