Chapter 5: A Little More Than Best Friends

(Edited)

======= Previously on The Rise of Night =======

Artemis smiled and nodded. "Thanks for saving me."

"As I said before," Percy started, "I will always be here for you."

Artemis smiled as she leaned against Percy's chest. They stayed there for a while, not even noticing when the sun went below the horizon.

======= Now =======

Athena and Poseidon were beginning to worry. It was already seven and Percy was still not home. They already had dinner set up, but Percy was nowhere to be seen. Suddenly, their doorbells rang.

Athena went and opened the door to find Leto and Apollo on the other side with a worried look on their faces.

"How can I help you guys?" Athena asked. Poseidon walked up behind Athena.

"Artemis still isn't home," Leto said worriedly. "And I saw about sixty men come on board Delos today. They left just an hour ago."

"Do you know where Artemis went?" Poseidon spoke up from behind Athena. Leto shook her head.

"She just said she was going hunting," Leto said. Her face got more worried as the next thought entered her mind. "What is Percy and Artemis are both captured?"

"I'm pretty sure they're fine," Athena spoke up. "They could just flash away."

"But what if they are not fine," Apollo countered. Apollo really cared about his twin sister, even if he didn't show it. He just showed his love differently.

Athena sighed and rubbed her temple. Poseidon hugged her from behind. "The last time I heard from him was when he was finding a cave near a shore."

"We should go find them," Leto suggested. Poseidon nodded and Athena eventually sighed again and nodded as well. Apollo nodded without hesitation.

"Fine," Athena said as she walked out their front door, Poseidon, Leto, and Apollo close behind her. "Let's go find Percy and Artemis."

======= Line Break =======

"Are you guys in here?" Athena called out as they walked further into the cave. Apollo moved closer to his mom. He still remembers that dead guy that probably got thrown out of the cave or at least he fell off the cave - He just lay there, lifelessly- which instantly makes Athena worried about her son.

They continued walking forward until they heard snoring, as if someone was sleeping in there. They walked in quietly and took in the view in front of them, in shock.

Percy was laying on the ground with Artemis snuggled up next to him. Percy has his arms wrapped protectively around Artemis.

Apollo and Leto glared at Percy and Poseidon glared at them. They're just children and are already snuggling up like a couple, Athena thought. Why do kids these days grow up so fast?

"What are you guys doing?" Apollo demanded, waking up his sister. Artemis sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"What time is it?" Artemis asked. She looked around to notice that her mom, brother, Athena, and Poseidon are all here. She blushed as she nudged Percy next to her. "Wake up."

He still didn't move. Artemis sighed and whispered in his ear "I'm eating the last blue cookie."

Percy shots up immediately. "Where's my blue cookie?"