Chapter 1

Paige's POV

I walked down the stairs when I heard my parents talking about something.

"Should we tell her",my Mom asked.

"Well we only found out ourselves so...", my Dad replied.

"What ya talking about?", I asked.

"Nothing", they both say.

I look around the kitchen to see if anything can give me a hint but nothing just the normal things.

I sit down to eat my pancake then Brooke and Josh come down dressed and showered already. I run upstairs and have a shower.

I put on denim skinny jeans, a grey jumper with white designs and my Timberland boots. I straighten my hair and do my make up. Then run down the stairs and get in the car.

"Bye", the three of us call as we get out of the car. It was the first day of school and I was starting ninth grade which meant I was now in high school.

I walked in and was greeted by a man in a suit.

"Hello I'm Mr Roftly the principal and you are..."

"Paige. Paige Hyland".

"Ahh yes you are in room 23"

"Thank you".

"Here is your timetable and your combination for your locker"

"Thanks". I look around for Brooke and Josh. "Great they left me", I mumble.

I walk until I finally reach the door labelled 23. The teacher wasn't in there so I waited outside. Soon Chloe and Nia arrived.

"Look at all the freshmen", some sophomores teased.

"You were only one 3 months ago", I say.

"Paige don't start a fight", the girls say.

Suddenly the bell rings and our teacher arrives.

"See ya later babe", the boy calls. I blow him a kiss and he winks at me.

"Excuse what is going on here", my teachers asks. "Nick get in here now and what is your name", she asks me.

"Paige", I say.

"And what was going on out there".

"We were just messing around Miss", Nick says.

"Both if you to the principals office now"

We sit in the seating area outside the principals office.

"Wow your first day here and your in the principals office".

"Yeah well it's not my fault".

"Sorry".

"Okay I don't really care anyway".

"Nick and Paige into my office now", Mr Roftly said.

We took our seats and he folded his fingers together.

"Now what were you two doing".

"We were messing. I blew him a kiss and he winked at me but it's nothing we literally only met 10 minutes ago".

"You know", Mr Roftly said getting up out of his chair and walking around around the room. "It's not very pleasant having a student brand new to the school and another student being called to the principals office at 9:00 the first day back. So I'll see you two in detention on Saturday.

I groan as I look at my slip for detention.

Later

I walk in and here my parents still talking about the same thing they were this morning.

"Hey". I say and take an apple.

"How was high school?", my Dad asked.

"Eh... I got detention".

"What Paige already!", my Mom said.

"It was over something stupid I was messing with a boy and got sent to the principals office".

"What kind of messing?" Both my parents asked.

"I blew him a kiss and he called me babe and winked at me. But so what". I say.

At dinner

"Paige we have something very important to tell you", my parents said.

"What?"

Both of my parents looked nervous and Brooke and Josh looked nervous too.