Chapter 2

Continued from last chapter

"Honey your not our daughter", my Mom says.

I feel the years well up in my eyes. "Is this because I got detention?"

"No honey Brooke and Josh got detention before. Anyway you were switched at birth", my Dad said.

"Why didn't all if you tell me", I shout. I run out of the room crying. The next morning I wake up and look at my alarm clock. I make sure my bedroom door is still locked so no one can come in. I crawl back into bed and keep crying.

I thought about what my life would be like if I wasn't switched.

I probably wouldn't be a dancer I wouldn't be on a TV show I wouldn't have met my friends or this family which I thought were my own.

I decide to go down and apologise but no one is home. There is a note on the fridge saying I could have the day off to get my head around things.

I sit on the couch and watch some TV. I fall asleep and at 1'o clock Kelly and Randy come home from work for their lunch they have some groceries and I
help them and tell them I'm sorry.

"What's my name?"

"Paige", Kelly laughs.

"No my real name".

"Paige", Randy joins Kelly laughing.

"What's my real surname?"

"Parker", Kelly and Randy reply.

"Thanks", I smile. "Paige Parker", I mumble.

I look up Parkers from Pittsburg on goggle.

I scroll down and the seventh one catches my eye.

At 3:30 I ran upstairs to get dressed. I put on a black furry jumper denim ripped skinny jeans and my real brown ugg boots.

At 3:45 I started walking towards Ethan and Kylie's house. I arrived at 4:00 in perfect timing. Their house had a freshly mowed lawn with roses and tulips and a bench swing. That was moving gently in the breeze under the canopy.

I knocked on the door and a woman opened the door.

"Eh hi", she said.

"Hi is this the Parker residents?", I ask

"Yes I'm Mrs Parker and you are..."

"Paige... Hy... Paige. I need to talk to you and your family now".

"Come in then", Mrs Parker said.

I sat at the table and waited for the family to arrive. Mrs Parker sat down first followed by her husband then by Kylie and then Ethan came in with his football gear on.

"I'm Paige and I'm in Ethan's school but in ninth grade", I say.

"Well as I already said I'm Mrs Parker but you can call me Rachel. This is husband Antony and our kids Ethan and Kylie", Rachel says.

"So I'm just here to give you some good news", I pause for a minute. "I'm your long lost daughter", I blurt out.

"I'm sorry Paige but we only have one daughter", Rachel says.

"Okay sorry", I say sadly. I stroll home and look at more families to see which one to visit next.