Chapter 6

I texted Nadia to meet us at the shop around the corner from Kayla's house.

"What's the plan?", she asked while rubbing her hands together since it was cold.

"I'm going to bring it to the newspaper", I smile.

"Good idea", Kayla says then links us.

We walk into the reception.

"Could I have Audrey Jenkins?" I ask.

"Down the corridor and the second door on the right".

I smile then follow the directions. I knock on the door and a woman with brown hair tells me to come in.

"Hello you are.."

"Paige Hy... Paige Parker".

"And what are your names?" Audrey asks Kayla and Nadia.

"Kayla Hyland".

"Nadia Parker".

"And what's your story?"

"Well the three of us and another girl were switched at birth". Audrey shifted in her chair and looked interested.

"But Kayla has found her real family which was my old family and Nadia found her family which was Kayla's old family but me and the other girl haven't found ours. But we know the other girls parents but don't know who she is".

"This will be a very good story. I'll have it out in next weeks newspaper", Audrey smiled.

Next day

Today was Monday which meant school.

I put on a black tight skirt, a grey top a denim waist coat and black tights with wine ankle boots that had a chunky heel.

At school

"Paige are you going to stop talking to us?" Chloe asked.

"You haven't talked to us since Friday and even then you didn't talk to us much",Nia added

"You don't get what's going on in my family", I say before running to the bathroom crying. I see Kayla as I'm running and she follows me.

"Paige what's wrong?"

"Chloe and Nia", I sniffle.

Next week

I didn't talk to Chloe or Nia at all since last week. Tonight we had dance. It was our first day back since before Christmas because Abby went to LA to do some work on her new studio.

Next day

Today the newspaper came out and I was on the front page.

"Look Kayla I'm on the front page", I squealed.

"Omg".

A couple of days passed and no one came to tell me that they were my parents.

"They'll come eventually", Kayla hugged me.