Chapter 6

Ezra and Sabine were still scanning for any opening between the eyes.

"Kanan, any chance we can make it to the Ghost?" Ezra asked into the comms.

"Possibly," Kanan said, "I'm sensing that the eyes are completely fixated on the Shack. I have no clue whether their focus will shift or not, or whether the Ghost would be able to fend them off."

"We'll try to make our way there."

"Be careful."

Ezra and Sabine crept away from near the Shack. Ezra kept his eyes on the swarm while Sabine led him. After a few minutes of walking they finally came to the Ghost. The ramp was already down and Kanan and Hera were standing on it. All four walked up the ramp. Hera closed it as soon as they were inside. Kanan and Ezra went into Kanan's room while Hera and Sabine went to the cockpit.

In Kanan's room, Ezra and Kanan were sitting on the ground.

"Meditate?" Ezra asked.

"Group meditation can give insight into situations," Kanan said, "I remember during the Clone Wars that  Master Yoda, Master Kenobi, Master Windu, and Master Koon used group meditation to find missing children."

"You think we can find out why Bill can't leave?"

"Yes. Now, focus."

Ezra closed his eyes and extended his senses.

"I sense... Jedi." Kanan said.

"Nightsisters." Ezra said.

"Ancient Lasat."

"Sith."

"A prison?"

"Or a sanctuary?"

They both snapped back to reality. They understood everything.

All the while Hera and Sabine were in a different discussion entirely.

"So," Hera said, "how have things been with him?"

"I'll let you know after the war." Sabine replied, "How about you and Kanan?"

"I have no clue what you're talking about."

Sabine chuckled. "Seriously? There's nothing going on between you two?"

"Sabine, the Rebellion needs us right now. There's no time for... personal feelings."

They sat in silence for a while. Kanan and Ezra burst in.

"Let's try to get to the Shack." Kanan said, "We know why Bill is trapped here."

They exited the Ghost and crept toward the Shack. Once they got there they saw that the eyes had all left. They hurried in and saw that Soos and Wendy were in the Shack with Zeb, Chopper, Stan, and Caesar.

"You made it after all," Zeb said.

"Do you dudes have any clue on how to restore a sense of normal around here?" Soos asked.

"No," Ezra said, "but we do know why he can't leave."

"Tell us," Wendy said.

Next part coming soon.