Chapter 9

The Ghost flew out of the forest. Kanan sat in the copilot's seat. Stan, Wendy, and Soos were all standing in the cargo bay asking what they could do to help.

"Sabine, Ezra, Zeb," Hera said through the intercom, "I need you on the guns!"

"What can we do, Captain?" Wendy asked.

"Give them your blasters!" Hera said.

Ezra gave his to Soos.

"Oh, cool!" Soos said.

"Just make sure you don't accidentally shoot yourself." Ezra said.

Sabine gave hers to Wendy.

"Sweet!" Wendy said, "Can I get my own?"

"Maybe." Sabine said, "I want those back after we're done."

Wendy nodded. Zeb gave his bo-rifle to Stan.

"Does this work like any other gun?" Stan asked.

"Kind of," Zeb said, "if you press that button it becomes an electro staff."

They stood around fiddling with the blasters. Ezra, Zeb, and Sabine went into the cockpit.

"Ezra, nose gun," Hera said, "Sabine, turret, Zeb, rear cannons!"

They all ran to their respective posts. Wendy, Soos, and Stan crawled to the outside of the ship. The Ghost flew towards the pyramid. All around it was a fog of eyes.

***

Bill unfroze Thrawn who continued firing from when he was frozen. His head turned in multiple directions searching for the eyes. His gaze rested once he got his bearings. Bill hovered several feet away.

"Welcome back, Grand Admiral," Bill said.

"What is it you want?" Thrawn asked.

"Wow, straight to the point. Well it's rather simple," Bill emitted a hologram out of his eye showing the system, "in order to take my conquest galactic, I have to leave this system. But I can't. Some force is keeping me in."

"Fascinating," Thrawn said, "a barrier able to contain infinite power."

"What do you mean 'fascinating'? Does that mean that you don't know how to break the barrier?"

"On the contrary. I have a theory, but I can not and will not execute it."

"What to you mean 'cannot'?"

Thrawn remained silent. Bill was about to blast him with energy when he heard an explosion.

"You stay here!" He shouted freezing him back to stone in his stoic position, "I have some more pressing matters that have just come knocking! Hench-maniacs! Deal with those Rebels!"

All of the monsters flew out of the pyramid and began tailing the Ghost. The rear cannons fired at the beasts, not having that much effect on them. The turret and nose gun were firing at the eyes downing multitudes of them. On the hull, Soos, Stan, and Wendy were also firing at the beasts. They flew around until all of the eyes were all destroyed.

"Soos, Wendy, Stan," Hera said into the comms, "get back inside. I'm gonna try something."

The three made their ways back inside and the Ghost looped over the monsters until it was behind them. With the combination of both the turret and the nose gun, and a few torpedoes, the monsters all fell.

"Really?" Bill said. "You guys had one job! Fine, I'll do it."

Next part coming soon.