Chapter 12

The Ghost exited the atmosphere tailing the Thunderhawk. They had spent the last hours saying goodbye to everyone. Zeb was now in his bed, asleep, Chopper was guiding their way out, Kanan and Hera were in the pilot and copilot seats, and Ezra and Sabine were on opposite sides of the kitchen, making separate holo-logs.

"... even though we won't remember our time," Ezra was finishing, "there is no one that I'd have liked to spend my life with than you. Sabine, I truly do love you. I hope that after this is all over, we can be together again."

"... all I know is this: you are the Jedi that softened my Mandalorian heart of beskar." Sabine was wrapping up, "I love you, Ezra. From now to the end of time, you will always be my cyra'ika."

They both ended and put them away. They then went to the cockpit and sat behind Kanan and Hera. They saw the Kuiper belt coming fast.

"Okay," the coms said, "I don't know if there's any pain in going through, but just in case, the journey out is far less treacherous than the journey in. It's a straight shot from here to Yavin."

"Copy, Thunderhawk," Hera said, "charging the hyperdrive now."

Chopper beeped in response. They all heard a whirring as power was transferred to the hyperdrive. They began their trip into the field. Once they were at the outer edge of the belt, the Thunderhawk jumped away. The Ghost exited and everyone felt themselves pass through the field. Ezra and Sabine could see all of the memories flashing away from him.

Bill being destroyed. Thrawn getting turned to stone. Grabbing the orange kyber crystal and chunk of beskar. Being stunned by the death troopers. Dropping out of hyperspace to Sllaf Ytivarg. Summoning Bill Cipher. Their first kiss. Their time together.

Everyone was confused after they went through.

"Where are we?" Sabine asked.

The Ghost jumped to hyperspace. Ezra was hit by drowsiness out of nowhere, and fell asleep. Sabine looked over to Ezra and felt a tear stream down her cheek. She wiped it away in confusion.

"That's odd," she said to herself.

***

The Ghost exited hyperspace above Yavin. Ezra was still asleep. He began to dream, or maybe it was a vision...

Ryder being escorted out of a town by Old Jo. Old Jo's being raided. Rebels on Lothal being captured. His planet being destroyed by the Empire.

"NO!" He shouted.

Epilogue to follow.