chapter 1

chucks dead. i have my memories back. alby's dead. this was all a test. snow has my friends.. we are no longer in the maze. snow wants me dead. newt is still alive. soon i think i will be dead.

snow's words spin round and round i my head as i sit on the cold hard seats of the hovercrafts. there's two armed guards infront of me. blocking any means i could possibly have of escape. not that i would. not when snow had my friends. The pilot calls back we are about to land But I'm not listening. 4 days ago we had woken up in a cell in the capitol. 4 days ago snow had made the announcement for the quarter quell games. 4 days ago. My whole world began to cave in on it self. 4 days ago. I found out I was going to be forced into yet another games. Little did they know. If I was. I was doing it my way.
The hovercraft lands and we climb off the hovercraft. The peacekeepers weren't paying attention. Why would they be. They didn't know me. To them. I was just another kid. I easily slip into the crowd heading for the justice building. I had a hood on so noone would notice my red hair.
I file in near the front. I can hear the yells of find her from behind but they won't. Not yet anyway.
s always. Girls first" an escort I was certain hadn't been there when I was reaped.
"Katniss everdeen" she sounded upset. As if she actually cared.
My ex best friend walks across slightly to stand beside effie. With a sigh I step forward.
"I volunteer as tribute" my voice echos around the area.
"Im sorry but only victors can volounteer" the woman says. She was beginning to get on my nerves.
I take off my cloak and a gasp goes up.
"I am a past victor. My name is amelia hallow."
"Mia" katniss breaths "mia dont"
"Youcant stop me kitcat" I smile sadly. Snow made me. I want so badly to say that. But if I did. The others would die.
I walk to the stage to stand beside the escort. "Wonderful. Two volounteers in two years" she smiles.
She reaches one of her long manicured hands into ths bowl and scrapes up one of the bits of paper.
She unfolds it and gasps.
"Peeta mellark" she reads out.
"I volounteer as tribute" haymitch says.
I smile at him. I remembered him from when I was a tribute. He'd actually tried to mentor me. Because he knew me well.
"Our tributes for the 75th hunger games. Amelia hallow and haymitch abernathy."
A peacekeeper grabs my arm dragging me off stage. He takes me straight to the train.
Not that I really had anyone to say bye too. What with my family beig dead newt and the others in the capitol and katniss being a victor.
I walk in and am almost ambushed by katniss.
"Where the hell have you been!" She yells.
"Hey kitcat" I laugh.  "Nice to see you too"
"Dont make jokes mia. We almost died. We thought you were dead. You just left us" she yells tears streaming down her cheeks  "you just left me to care for prim."
"I didn't leave you katniss" I sigh "after I won my hunger games. Well. Snow forced me to leave. I almost started a rebellion.  I was taken to another part of america. They were doing some sort of test. I was put In with a random family and lived there till I was 16. When I was sorted into another faction which was supposed to be like our only trait. I was put in dauntless. The one I had been in before abnegation. I almost caused yet another rebellion before I was moved to yet another test. I actually did cause a rebellion there.  Turns out snow was organising all of the tests. And now. We were brought back here. Snow threatened if I didnt volounteer. He would kill all my friends. I couldn't let that happen. Kat"
"Im so confused" she says.
With a sigh I sit recounting my tale from the beginning. 
"So you and newt huh" she asks.
"You and he bakers boy huh" I retort.
We both burst out laughing. It was weird to think I had missed out on so much.
"How's prim" I ask.
"She's doing alright. She's a great healer. When I was sent into the games last year  well. She grew up pretty quickly." Katniss replies.
"Didn't we all" I reply with a sigh. "How's gale"
She stiffens slightly. "He started working in the mines. Don't really see him much anymore" she sighs. There was more to it. But I didn't push for answers.
"Come on. We should go over who you're up against" she suggests.