chapter 13

"sorry for waking you up" i murmur looking up at the others in the room.

somehow thomas, gally, johanna, newt and teresa had managed to cram themselves into the tiny room.

"what happened" haymitch asks sleepily from the hallway.

"bad dream haymitch. it's fine" i call back. i didn't say i'm fine. because honestly. i wasn't

"want to talk about it" johanna asks.

"trust me. you do not want to know about it" thomas and teresa say. my eyes widen in shock.

don't freak out thomas says. but his lips aren't moving. for some reason. this doesn't make me freak out

you can talk in my head?

thomas nods before saying "so can teresa. w.i.c.k.d did something to us."

"so wait you.....you saw that?" i ask. they were both pale white and fear was the only emotion i could make out in either of their faces.

"you want to know the worst part" i say my voice catching as i speak. "i don't even know who those people are. and it's so bloody frustrating" as i speak i hit my hand off the wall behind me and grumble in pain.

"hey careful" newt says taking my hand in his. "don't want you spending another night in the infirmary"

"you seem to spend so much time in the infirmary. i don't think you've even met the other campers"

"what?" i ask

"what?" newt replies confused.

i go to stand up and everything goes black as I'm hit by what must be a memory.

"ares cabin. charge" a female voice yells. we were losing. badly at that. we had already lost half the campers to the draecon. with annabeth down with poison and percy off fighting kronos. that left the rest of us to keep off the advancing troupes. and there was only so much power i could use before i started burning up. and to be honest. i had probably already passed that stage.

i had ran out of arrows a while ago so i was reduced to my short range weapons and my sword.

i chuck my last knife into a monster.

"you know"i pant to thalia. "i wish they didn't take my weapons when they left. it could you know just be polite to leave it"

"shut up mia" she laughs "and get up there. we've got it covered down here"

with a smile i fly upwards and land on the deck. just as i get there the draecon spits poison at the ares cabin. at the leader of the cabin. clarisse. except something was wrong. even from here i could see something was wrong. the girl was too thin. she could fool the ares cabin by dressing up. but i could see right through it. the girl collapses to the ground and i race across to her. at the same moment the real clarisse does. clarisse pulls to blood red helmet off of the dying girl to reveal the face of a girl i had seen in my nightmares. the black haired girl. except this time. this time i knew her name.

"silena"  i whisper. "you stupid girl"

"i...it was the only way" she coughs "cl...clarisse too stubborn"

"so you stole her armour to get the ares cabin to fight" i finish for her. the girl manages a pained nod of the head.

"i...i have something to say" she coughs.