chapter 16

"Where to now he asks.
"Why. Egypt of course" I reply with a smirk.
"Oh god" he groans. "Your driving really is terrible"
Newt makes us stop after a while to rest. I find it difficult to sleep. I always did. That night. I didn't have a nightmare. 
I wake up the next morning to find newt hugging me still.

"newt" i whisper. "newt" i keep poking him until he wakes up.

"morning" he grumbles.

"we have to go" i reply chirpily

"ugh why are you so energetic" he grumbles

"i didn't have a nightmare" i reply with a smile before i start the car and we begin driving again.

it only took 14 hours to reach Brooklyn house. as soon as i saw it i couldn't help but smile. i couldn't believe how much i had actually missed this place.

moving to the door i knock twice. i'm not surprised when carter answers the door by putting a sword to my neck.

"really carter. i thought we would have stopped meeting like this" i smirk.

"mia?" he asks dropping his sword and pulling me into a hug. "where have you been?"

"you wouldn't believe me if i told you" i reply.

"we've hosted gods mia. i think there's a bigger chance that we will believe you" sadie says coming to the door. she was still wearing her combat boots Walt comes to stand beside her and gently kisses her.

"who's he" walt asks nodding at newt.

"oh yeah right. really need to stop forgetting your here with me" i say turning to newt. "this is newt. my boyfriend" the last part slipped out and instantly i go red.

newt laughs and moves to stand beside me.

"nice to meet you newt. i'm carter, this is sadie and walt." carter introduces.

"nice to meet you" newt replies. "so what's this about hosting gods?"

"you haven't told him?" sadie asks.

"haven't exactly had a chance to tell him about anything" i reply,

"not even on the 14 hour drive it took us to get here?" newt asks accusingly.

"it's not something that just comes up in conversation. oh hey yeah the people that we are going to visit. yeah they host gods. oh and you know i hosted one too. it almost killed me" i say sarcastically

"who did you host?" newt asks

"hathor" i reply "but that's doesn't matter right now"

"children. stop fighting" carter says sarcastically. he had changed a lot since i had last seen him. he had to have been about 21 by now considering how long i had been away. "why don't you two come in and you can explain everything"

almost an hour later and we have finally finished telling carter what has happened and explaining to newt about the gods.

"we'll have to discuss this with the others" carter says "but i can't make any promises"

"i know" i reply sadly. "and you know i wouldn't come to you unless we were desperate. i'd rather not mix all the places together but it has to be done if we are to win this war. and we have to win. if not. well. they will make our death humiliating and painful but they will continue to throw children into the games."

"i'll call a house meeting" sadie says getting to her feet. "but you two might want to get some rest. you look shattered"

"we can spare one night" newt reasons.

"yeah" i reply "one night. but we have to leave at first light."

we fell asleep almost as soon as our heads hit the pillows.

i wake up to carter shaking me awake. "hey you said you wanted to be away at first light. you'll have to leave now"

i nod and quickly wake newt up.

"i shucking hate ba traveling" i grumble

"what'd you see?" carter asks.

"nothing good" i assure him.

"well. we've convinced them to help you" sadie says from the door.

"thank the gods" i breath. "we won't be back this way but in 4 days travel to district 13"

"please say we aren't driving again" newt groans. "i don't think i could stomach that"

"don't worry. I can fly you to where you're going" carter say.

"definitely not. I've already said. It's not good to mix the places i've been" i say quickly

"you're going to see percy and annabeth" carter says taking me by surprise. "your not the only one that has been having adventures lately"