Adventure! What else?

((UHHH HI SORRY FOR TAKING AWHILE TO WRITE THIS, ALSO I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT THIS IS AROUND THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER WHICH IS THANKSGIVING AND U KNOW WHAT THAT MEANSSS))

~~Kai Pov~~

"Yea we'll of course I didn't " I'd blatantly respond slightly regretting saying it in that tone, usually when I argue back or just say something in a disrespectful tone I either get yelled at or something even worse but instead of anything Adam just chuckled lightly "Alright Kai" After some time which seemed longer than it anticipated it to be Mira ran to us with a small backpack. "Hey guys! Sorry for taking awhile so you guys ready to go?" "Yep, lets do this!" Adam yelled with confidence. It feels nice to be with them I don't know what this feeling really is but I like it, feels safe.
As we head deeper in the forest I glance over to my right, Adam seemed to be busy in thought I wonder what he's thinking about.. "Alright guys were almost there!" Mira said with a hint of excitement. I wonder where we're going, if Mira and Adam are hyped about it then I should be as well!! Right, then why am I so nervous? Should I be this nervous?? It was just a silly dream it can't be true, It can't be...It shouldn't... I felt someone touch my shoulder as I jumped from the unexpected touch "Hey Kai you alright? You've been quiet for awhile.." Adam asked his tone laced with worry while Mia hummed in agreement occasionally glancing over to Kai. "Y-yeah, just over thinking something! Nothing to worry about promise!!" I'd stutter in the process, they both seem to have a small hint a doubt but didn't pester on with it. Thank goodness. . .

Mira started speeding up her pace until she started running and eventually so did Adam I was so confused from their sudden boost of energy so I chased after them, until they both stopped. All eyes now on me as if they were expecting something out of me, maybe a reaction?... The place however seemed so magical.. No trees in the center maybe some flowers here and there along with the ambiance of cicadas hissing and birds chirping, a circular place with a huge rock in the center.. It seemed so out of the ordinary yet beautiful in its own way.. "Me and Adam found this a few days back so we wanted to show you as well!" Mira said as smiled widely while looking back at Me.
Everything here felt like utter peace in this place alone, the birds chirping as if they were singing at us once we got here "This is...Awesome!" I shouted "Yep! It really is.. Sooo Kai, what are you going to be doing for thanksgiving?" Mira asked while Adam glanced over after taking his attention off of something.

God, when I thought I'd forget about them. I know they hate me, they don't even appreciate my presence. I felt cold, It was hard to breathe the voices around me sounded foggy. When was it this hard to talk about my parents? The voices sounded louder but they were hard to hear.