The beast has arrived (minor update)

Trigger warning when you go to Kai's pov! It'll have child abuse/domestic violence please skip over that part if it makes you uncomfortable or triggers you.

[No one's POV]

The knocking continued as Kai and Adam stared at the door "Police open up!" "Come on we need to hide you" Kai hesitated and followed Adam to his room "Stay in here,, okay??" Adam said, Kai was hesitant, but complied as Adam closed the door noticing his father was at the door. His heart jumped when his name was called, "Yes dad?" Adam answered, walking up to him in front of the door; the cops were at the door. At least four of them "The cops told me that,, Matilda Kia's mother reported a search for him. He's been missing since yesterday do you know where Kai is??" Alonso would ask as Adam shook his head, though he hated lying to his parents, this once he had to, in order to keep Kai safe. ((I'll call the father Alonso))
"Well you heard him, he said no." Alonso would eye the cops; they seem unbothered by this "May we investigate in your house, sir?" One of the cops asked, "I don't see why not go ahead." Adam began to sweat as his heart began to race "Stay here so you don't get in the way." Alonso would say as the cops searched around the house, most likely every nook, and cranny.
Eventually one of cops yelled "Found em!" Adam's heart sank. He promised to take care of Kai and protect him, but it looks like the beast has found its prey.
Adam glanced at his father to see him giving a disapproving look, while Kai was being guided out of their house. The look on his face would stick to Adams mind forever, it felt like the whole moment alone was slowed down to Adam he barely could make out what the cop had said to his father and him only to stare at Kai as he was being led right back to. The last place he'd ever want to be, Adam has failed him when he promised himself he would be there..
Adam's father closed the door as the cop car drove off no longer to be seen. "Mind explaining what that was about Adam..?" His voice was stern yet you could hear the concern floating in his tone. Adam's mind was stuck on two things one being if he should explain to his dad about Kai's situation or not though, his parents have always been there for anything even during tough times. He'd sigh turning to stare at him "Dad I- look, I didn't mean to lie to you earlier on that situation.." Adam would start off while his father hummed in response quietly listening for the mean time.
Adam scratched the back of his neck before continuing "Kai is.. In trouble and not the kind that is a slap on wrist kind. It's the kind that,, no kid should go through.." Adam dropped his hand from his neck as he clenched his fist tightly in frustration looking away from his father "I.. I wanted to protect him! And I failed to do so..." lowering his tone with his eyes glazed on the brink of sobbing from frustration.
Alonso sighed quietly albeit shocked from the information he soaked in from his son's news. He'd sigh under his breath "Look, Adam I understand where you're coming from but.. Lying to an officer can get you into serious trouble. I can't say I'm not proud of what you were trying to do if anything I'm proud on that part.." He'd say pulling his son into a tight but reassuring hug, Adam went stiff eventually returning the gesture "I need to save him, dad. He needs me." he'd mumble quietly trying not to crumble in the process "I know, and me and your mother will help you.. Okay? We just need evidence.." his father would respond patting Adam gently on the back "And I know both of you together can come up with a plan to make sure Kai is safe. We'll make sure of that as well, tomorrow I'll discuss this with your mother so we can all plan to help him.." Alonso pulled away from the hug giving Adam a kiss on the forehead with a gentle smile along with a nod mumble small reassurance to Adam before walking off.
Adam sighed shakily wrapping his arms around himself "evidence.." he'd mumble walking off to his room flopping onto his bed hearing small clanking and pitter patters of his dog puddles walking in and laying by his side laying his head gently on Adam's stomach staring at him. Adam smiled softly at the sight petting him subconsciously while he stared up at the ceiling, his mind thinking about what his father said earlier then it hit him. "Evidence!! That's... That's it!" Adam quickly rose up and gave Puddles one more head scratch and searched for his phone, Puddles followed him making a small bark noises sniffing around his room until he found what Adam was looking for and gently bitting the phone until he could hold it and waltzed over to Adam letting out a muffled bark with a paw hitting him.
Adam smiled giving Puddles some head pats and praises gently taking the phone from his jaw "Thank you, Puddles!" Puddles barked while his tail wagged at the praise as he laid down on his bed and Adam quick to sit down beside his dog. Quickly searching for Mira through his contacts opening the messages to text her.