Rip and Tear

As your eyes turned to the signature red of a ghoul your kagune erupted from your body with a fury you had never possessed before. You had always thought yourself as a relatively passive ghoul, killing just as much as was needed. You had never been vindictive or vengeful, never killing unnecessarily or for pleasure. Investigators, Zodiac or even Aogiri had enjoyed your forgiving nature, just like a scorpion you stung when threatened but never sought to kill without reason.

Now though, anger, rage and hatred coursed through your veins. Your mother had always sought to suppress the berserker rage of your father, to cage the monster inside. Now the cage was broken. Your head pounded, a drum beat starting in your mind. You could hear it beating faster and harder with each passing your moment, your heart pumping more blood then it ever had before. Adrenaline fed your body as your muscles cried out to release the tension that pulsed in them.

Your lungs bellowed as you roared with an insanity born of pain. There was no speech, no battle cry as you charged at the investigator with enough force to crack the concrete under your feet. Launching yourself airborne your kagune sprung for Zuno like a coiled snake, the poison stinger an inch away from his face as Yukan stepped in to push it aside, blocking his brother with his own bulk. You collided with him as Zuno side stepped, his own quinques forming from his two briefcases. The double blades forming in his hands as he chased after you and Yukan.

The two of you rolled and Yukan pushed you off with a strength you didn't expect from a human, but all logic and planning was out the window. There would be no clever ploy today. As Yukan pushes you off you came up on your feet and charged again but Yukan was ready for you, swinging his Halbert from the side but you blocked with your kagune and reached out with your hands to wring the life from his neck! Zuno came up behind him and sliced your belly with his left sword as he side stepped in the same direction, with amazing foot work he spun anti-clockwise and cut you again with his right sword only for him to come full circle and get you a third and forth time! One across your neck and another through your neck.

Yukan pulled his halbert and impaled you with the spike, through your sternum. Hatred fuelled a fortitude you thought was impossible and you threw yourself down on the spike, reaching out and grabbing Yukans face. An instant later Zuno came back around and sliced straight through your arm, your kagune swung to try and catch him but he was able to duck under it. Aware of what he could do not you threw a punch at the investigator, he dodged but it threw him off balance and you were confident you had him as you went to sweep his legs out with your kagune. Yukan appeared and drove his spike through your kagune, pinning it to the floor.

Zuno regained his balance but you were still running on pure rage so you dived for him, he was faster then you were and ducked while swinging wild, his blade caught you perfectly in the mouth. You managed to but down fast enough to stop him cutting your head off but he sliced through your mask, the breathing apparatus was destroyed and you could taste the sweat in the air. Zuno tried to stab at your head but you brought your other hand up, the sword piercing your hand instead of your eye. You gripped the hilt of the blade as hard as you could as you pushed back to keep the tip away from your head while your jaw held off his other quinque and your kagune was pinned by the brother.

Growling at Zuno you pushed back, rage powering your body more then any drug ever could. He started to bend back as he tried not to loose any ground, his blank eyes starring into your monstrous orbs. Hardening your kagune you fired a crystal at Yukans keg, but he seemed to have been waiting for this and dodged back as his spike withdrew from your flesh. Immediately you swung at the taller brother and with you holding onto to both his weapons he couldn't evade without dropping his quinque. Knowing that letting go of his weapons would lead to certain death he opted to take the hit and was sent flying, both swords were pulled away from you as one was yanked from your teeth and the other made a wet sound as it slide from your hand.