The Necklaces

I pulled the blanket over my head. Blocking the light out.
"Becca, wake up." I heard a soft males voice.
In response I tried to roll on my stomach. Key word tried. Pushing the blankets off I looked at my stomach. Bigger than last night. I sighed. It's not going to be much longer before I die. I'm going to die and yet I still can't push myself out of bed. What a waste I am.
"What time is it?" I said rubbing my face.
"Um...Becca would you put some clothes on." Jakes voice rang through. "Not that I haven't dreamed of seeing you naked, but..."
I stood up and walked to the dresser that sat by the door. I never noticed that the dresser was actually parallel to the bed till now. Huh, you learn something new everyday. Now in my bra and underwear I stood in the mirror.
"Gosh, I'm getting fat!" I exclaimed.
"You're not fat. You're pregnant."
I couldn't help but watch my reflection. I didn't look good, but when did I ever look good? My skin was pale and almost grey. Around my eyes were bags. My eyes looked dull and lifeless already. My stomach was round. Making it look like I was already more than a few weeks. I looked like I had been pregnant for at least 6 months. The more I looked the more I saw death taking over. I could feel the tears stinging the back of my eyes as I watched my stomach. I have to live. I don't want to die. I want to be part of the baby's life. I want to be able to hold her or him as it cries. I want to be there when she/he takes off on their bike.
"I need you to take me to the church." I said turning to Jake.
"Yeah, sure, but first you need to get dressed."
I watched as Jake grabbed my shirt and slid it over my head and I slepped my arms through. Grabbing my pants he slid one of my legs in at a time. He was being so gentle as if I was a going to break into a million pieces with the slightest force. I slipped on my black flats and followed behind him.
"Where are you going?" Sky asked as he followed behind me.
"I have to do something." I said glancing over my shoulder.
Closing the door behind me I heard a small 'okay.' I have to set this up on my own. Who knows if anyone else will. Looking down I thought I saw my stomach grow a little. The little bundle is growing too quickly for me to handle. Now I'm going to pay for my choice. My phone chirped as my brother sent a text.
R u okay?
Idk anymore...
Was all I could say. In all honesty I don't know if I'm okay. I mean, just two weeks ago I was debating weather or not I should go with the magical stranger and now I'm fighting for my life. Just barley hanging on to the strand. I'm never going to have the perfect family. I won't get to see my child grow up. I won't get to be there when my child gets married. I will never experience life. A real life. Looking at the old church I saw the glass was broken and the wood seemed to be hanging on by no more than a strand, too.
"What did you want with this old place?" Jake asked leading me inside.
"Memories." It was the only thing I could see.
I could see my mom and dad leading the way for my brother and me. We'd sit in the front to watch the Father talk and sing. These are the memories I want to keep. The happy days. I remember I used to lean into my brother and go to sleep. I was never into the whole churchy thing. Well, not like they were. I ran my fingers over the old dust covered pews. I remember my brother once dared me to carve my name into the pew. I had gotten into so much trouble after that and soon after Jason followed behind. I giggled as I watched the memory of Jason and me clean the pews after the Sunday ceremony.
"Maybe we should head back. Your brother is blowing up my phone. Did you get what you needed?"
Quickly I walked up to the far part of the stage to my secret hideout. Moving the bricks I saw my dusty old box. It was still here after all those years. I never understood why my mom moved after my dad's death. I mean, all our memories are here in this tiny town. Not in that town with her boyfriend.
"Yup, I got what I needed. We can go now."
The drive back to my brothers house was nice. It was warm and the wind was at a good speed. It was the perfect kind of day. That was till I walked through the door and was bombarded with questions about where I was and why I left.
"I needed my box. It has the necklaces I made for my son or daughter. Remember? You helped me make the one for the boy while I made the girls."
"Those old things? You risked yours and the babies life for those?" He said irritated. I just nodded and headed up the stairs. As I turned to go to my room I bumped into Sky.
"Can I talk to you? It's really important."
----------------------------------------------
Well I think I'll leave it on that note! I hope you guys like it! I want to wish everyone a merry Christmas and a happy Yule!
Comment!
Vote!
Spread the word!!!