Allison?

The breeze ruffled Scott’s dark hair, which was growing longer and more unruly every day. It had been a month since Allison’s death. A month since his first love joined Heaven as an angel. He missed her radiant smile, the taste of her lips, and the moments they shared, whether they were ice skating or fighting off evil, they loved each other.

                “Scott?” An airy voice whispered behind him.  He slowly turned around and gasped. It was her, it was Allison. She stood in the glowing moonlight, her wide eyes glittering. “I guess rising from the dead runs in the family.” She giggled, biting her lips. Scott shook off his disbelief and ran to her, but before he reached her she took a step back and stuck her hands out making him stop. “Scott, she whispered. “I don’t know if you can touch me. I don’t know if you can actually feel me.”

                “Allison…” Scott whispered quietly as he reached his hand out to her, looking her straight into her eyes. Allison reached her hand to him slowly and with hesitation. As soon as their hands made contact a shock of butterflies filled both their stomachs. Scott pulled Allison in a warm embrace and murmured, “I love you. I’ve always loved you.” And they leaned into an everlasting kiss. As they pulled away, they smiled and stared into each other’s eyes.

                “I love you too Scott. I’ll always love you.” She whispered as she put her head down to his chest and listened to his heartbeat. Allison took a deep breath and murmured into his chest, “I don’t ever want this moment to end. I don’t ever want to leave you.”

                “Then don’t Allison, stay here.” Scott practically pleaded and his grip on her tightened.

                “You know I wish I can, but we can’t be together. As long as my heart isn’t beating, there is no way. I’m sorry.” Allison said as she got out his grip and stepped back.

                “Allison, please.” Scott begged.

                “I’ll see you soon. I love you Scott.” Allison said as she started to vanish into the air.

                “Allison!” Scott shouted. He waited for a response, nothing, she was gone. Scott turned around and back frustrated and just then his phone beeped.

                “Hello?” Scott answered.