Secrets

A Fitzsimmons AU in which they are dating secretly.
------------------------------------------------------
When you hold me in the street and you kiss me on the dance floor
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that
'Cause I'm yours

The day Fitz asked her out was probably the happiest day of her life. Of course, being agents of a secret government agency, dating had its rules. They both decided to keep it secret, which allowed them to be on the same team.

We keep behind closed doors
Every time I see you, I die a little more
Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls
It'll never be enough

Being in the lab together everyday was amazing, it just wasn't the most closed off place. People had the freedom of just strolling in without any security they had to pass. Heck, there were huge windows showing the lab. Anyone could look in and see them. Fitzsimmons had to wait till a moment alone with each other to actually show their affection.

It's obvious you're meant for me
Every piece of you, it just fits perfectly
Every second, every thought, I'm in so deep
But I'll never show it on my face
But we know this, we got a love that is homeless.

Daisy, Mack, lots of people saw how linked they were. They knew what the other was thinking, worked well together and even their quarells were usually showed their close connection. It was a wonder they didn't have any feelings for each other.....

Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that?
'Cause I'm yours

When you're with him, do you call his name
Like you do when you're with me, does it feel the same?
Would you leave if I was ready to settle down?
Or would you play it safe and stay?
Girl you know this, we got a love that is hopeless

Fitz never thought of himself as a jelous person, but just seeing Jemma chatting with another guy made his blood boil. He didn't mean to be mad, he just was. That lead to him questioning her affections and heated arguments. But they could never stay away for too long, and always ended up forgiving one another.

Oh, why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that?
'Cause I'm yours
Why can't I say that I'm in love?
I wanna shout it from the rooftops
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that?
'Cause I'm yours

It was hard, keeping such a huge thing secret. Half the time Fitz felt like he would burst. Jemma was definitely better when it came to keeping secrets. But if they wanted to stay together, on the same team, no one could know. It was hard yes, but one day it would all be worth it.

Why can't we be like that?
Wish we could be like that

------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE READ!
Not my best work, but it's still quite nice. Thank you so much to everyone who has supported me, I really appreciate it!
Anyway, in a week I will be going on a vacation, which means less internet connection and less time for writing. I don't know if I'll be able to update before I go, but I might. Even if I don't post something new, I will write something for when I get back! Love you all so much, and have a great summer!