[ Chapter 5 - No Warm-Up ]

Green Day arrived in a flash.   

I only had one event today which was volleyball, I was still the captain as far as I know of. My height has always given me a great advantage as the blocker and I've been playing since I was in primary school too. It was a sport I have enjoyed and love. 

I still had an hour left before the game begins so I roamed around the school, checking out the different activities that were happening simultaneously. I found Nathan giving out orders to the other committees of Green Day. He seemed a little stressed out but he was still giving out the orders in a nice way. 

"Cana," Tony called out.

"Yeah?" 

"They are calling out to the Volleyball players already." 

Tony was wearing a blue jersey which had the letters IOTA printed boldly on it. There was a number 2 below it. His ruffly brown hair was pulled back by a headband. He looked like an athlete despite the fact that he was not. 

"Your headband looks cute," I laughed at his Nike headband. He rolled his eyes at my comment and just pulled my arm to follow him. I was laughing as I came along. 

When we reached the Indoor court, the rest of the players were already there. Abigail, Jennifer, and Ceaser were representing Beta while there was Tony, Jeremy, and me for Iota. On the other court, the players of Kappa and Zeta stood.  

I was pretty sure the competition was going to be a close match. Normally it was tough winning against Beta and Zeta but since we were teamed up with Beta maybe things would be a little easier. Of course, that is if we will be able to work well with Beta. 

I was already calculating everything that could happen, trying to strategize the best play.

"Do your best," a familiar voice came from behind, it was Anne. She was wearing a blue jersey t-shirt and shorts. She had blue and red pompoms, the colors clashed but she didn't care about it. She continued to scream, shout, and cheer. 

I waved at her a little before joining the team. 

I started to explain the best strategy I came up with but the people from Beta couldn't care less. I sighed but continued to explain it anyway. 

"Are you guys even listening?" Tony asked the athletes from Beta. 

Abigail raised an eyebrow, "We play the way we play, just don't get in our way." 

I placed my tongue at the side of my teeth, suppressing my annoyance. I looked at the other side only to find Kappa and Zeta communicating well. Kappa gets along well with all the houses, their teamwork with Zeta was going to be great.  

"You know what, fine. Play the way you want," I threw my hands in the air.