19; chat

Minsoo entered the room. "What's going on with you? You seem more cheerful now."

Sana grinned at him.

"I am. My new cellmate, Eunha. She's amazing, really." Sana smiled.

Minsoo raised his eyebrow. "Eunha? I haven't heard of a case with Eunha. What's her full name?"

"I don't know." Sana shrugged. "I just know her by the name, Eunha."

"What's her case? Like what was she put in prison for?"

"Stabbing her dad with a glass bottle several times." Sana answered casually.

Minsoo nodded. "Ah, Jung Eunbi."

"You memorise everyone's cases?" Sana asked.

Minsoo nodded. "I have all the files in my desk. I work in criminology, you know."

"Speaking of criminology, how's my case looking?" Sana leaned forward.

"Well, it's looking better. They can't find evidence of the murder weapon used to kill Nari. Mina's body hasn't even been recovered, and in autopsy, we brought Tzuyu in to see if she could recognise Nari, and Tzuyu knew that it wasn't her - even if her body was a wreck."

"So I'll be out of here soon, right?"

Minsoo folded his hands. "Um, no. Not until we've got solid proof that you didn't commit the crime."

Sana gulped. "Alright. Thanks for doing the best you can, anyways."

"It's fine." Minsoo nodded and then looked up at Sana. "Also, I brought a visitor."

"Who?"

Minsoo winked and stood up, opening the door.

He signalled for a person to come in, and Sana saw a familiar face.

"Tzuyu?"

"I told you I'd come back soon, didn't I?" She smiled a little.

Minsoo grinned at the two. "I'll leave you to talk for a little bit."

Minsoo shut the door and left the two in the room.

"So I overheard about your new cellmate." Tzuyu began.

Sana nodded. "Yeah, she's nice. Eunbi, is her real name apparently."

"Is she pretty?" Tzuyu raised her eyebrow.

Sana smiled. "Yeah... she is. And she's amazing too."

"What makes you say that?"

"Well," Sana paused as she thought. "She defended me from the prison bullies. She's been in here for about a week now, and she's already making her mark. Everyone is scared of her. They don't go anywhere near me.

And she looks cool when she's defending me. Like a knight in shining armour, she came to my defence when I needed it most.

Not to mention how she puts other people before herself.

She got into prison because of defending her sister from her abusive dad. I think that's just amazing." Sana didn't even realise how she had been rambling on, and she looked up at Tzuyu's blunt face. "S-sorry, I shouldn't be talking about her-"

"No, it's fine." Tzuyu insisted. "We've both moved on, haven't we?"

Sana nodded. "Yeah. You look - I mean - looked happy with Nari. I think Eunha might be the one for me now."

"Oh? Really?"

"Yeah. She's just so caring. She cares for me. I know it's stupid but, I think I'd like to date someone like her." Sana dreamily stated.

"Someone with a criminal record?" Tzuyu scoffed.

"Just because she has a criminal record, doesn't mean she's not a good person. You're talking to me, for goodness sakes. I have a criminal record!" Sana rambled.

"Yeah, but you're innocent-"

"And so is she. It's self-defence, Tzuyu. Learn the word before you talk shit about a person." Sana glared her down.

Tzuyu gulped as she looked around, trying to hold back her angry tears.

"Look, I didn't come here to fight about your new girlfriend."

"I didn't ask you to come here though, did I?" Sana mumbled.

"Sana, please. I just wanted an update on you, and how you're doing." Tzuyu leaned forward.

"And I gave you an update." Sana retorted. "I didn't ask for your opinion on my personal life, though."

Tzuyu stood up angrily. "It was a mistake to come here."

Tzuyu turned around to leave, before Sana stopped her.

"Tzuyu, I'm sorry. Let's talk properly."

Tzuyu hesitantly turned around and sat back down.

"So, how are you, then?" Sana asked her.

Tzuyu nodded. "I've been good. Nari's not the person in the autopsy room, so there's a possibility she's still alive."

"And if she isn't?"

"Then she isn't. That's how life is."

"Wow, sounding so much mature now, I see." Sana laughed.

"I grew more maturely the past two years. Grew from my mistakes. Moved on."

"I guess I'm just a mistake then." Sana muttered.

"No, no, you're not a mistake." Tzuyu sighed. "You're just a bump in the road. I'm still driving to my final destination."

"I see. So how is everyone out there?" Sana moved the topic, not wanting to start another fight.

"Well," Tzuyu laughed to herself. "It's chaos. We always have our 'meetings' at Momo and Heechul's house, and we can never finish the agenda we were on."

"Sounds like you guys." Sana chuckled.

"Nayeon and Heechul can never get along, and they live in the same house. One time, Momo told us that they were having a car ride and Nayeon and Heechul were sitting at the front.

They were on their way home, and the two got into an argument. Ended up an hour past their destination, in the middle of a farm.

Momo says it's entertainment, but if I were her, I'd send them both away to military camp. They're so annoying when they're together."

Sana chuckled. "Anything else?"

"Well, Nayeon and Jeongyeon are a 'thing' now, I guess."

"Really?! After 7 years?"

Tzuyu nodded. "They're having a fling thing. Chaeyoung's sick of it though. Hears them almost every single night."

Sana laughed. "Tell Chaeyoung she can stay in my apartment. You still remember the code, right?"

Tzuyu nodded again. "Yeah. I'll make sure she's comfortable in there."

Minsoo entered the room. "Time's almost up, Tzu. Say your final words."

"You make it sound like a death penalty." Sana laughed at him.

Minsoo stuck his tongue out as he closed the door.

"Guess I'd better go." Tzuyu stood up. "Anything else you need me to do?"

Sana nodded. "Just a few. First of all, tell Chaeyoung to use my credit card and money to buy the essentials she needs. She needs it the most at this moment. Oh, and you too.

And also, tell everyone I'm sorry. I'm sorry for burdening them yet again with my problems."

"I'll make sure to tell them that." Tzuyu turned around. "See you."

"Wait." Sana called out again. "I'm gonna say it again, but I'm sorry-"

"I forgive you." Tzuyu said as she left Sana.

Sana smiled as she walked back to her cell, satisfied with her chat.

Things were looking up, even if it would last a little while.